Dr. Uma Choday MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Boca Raton, FL

2.9

November 22nd, 2016
I've been with her for a couple of years purely out of lack of options when I was a minor and I'm now searching for someone else. You wait in her office for between 5 minutes to 45 minutes. She seems impatient with you, like she has better things to do than to help you. She's not easily available. My therapist tried contacting her to no answer and I've had similar issues. I spent months trying to explain to her my symptoms were worse and each time she'd smile and sign off the same script and send me on my merry way. Insensitive, impatient, and unhelpful.

February 15th, 2016
During the visit I told her that the med she prescribed to me gave me bad side effects. She told me to see another doctor, spent 2 minutes with me, & charged for a visit.

January 17th, 2016
Not a good experience, would not recommend to an enemy
I was referred to Dr. Choday by my therapist who stated that she had other patients that were happy with her, unfortunately, I was not one of them. I saw Dr. Choday for about 8 months to really try to give it my best. She was helpful with my "issues", but made me uncomfortable. (I believe others would have been helpful as well.) She is very insensitive, she says "ok" a lot which makes it seem like she's listening, but I do not get the sense that she actually is, and if she is, it's obvious that she does not care. I had had an appointment with her on a Monday morning, Tuesday morning I realized I forgot to ask her an important question about the medication that I was on. I called Tuesday, and it was impossible for me to speak with her. Her secretary was trying to advise me, which is very unprofessional. She said the only way I could speak with the doctor was to come in or we could set up a phone session which for both I would be charged. I couldn't believe this, the conversation would have been about 2-4 minutes long. This was the last straw and left a bad taste in my mouth, but i went forth and made an appointment. I spoke to Dr. Choday about what happened and how this situation made me feel and she said that since my question had to do with my medication, I would have to be charged. That was my last session with her.

September 24th, 2015
Disappointing experience
Dr Choday has a combination of some of the best and worse qualities I've ever seen in a psychiatrist. Her willingness to return urgent phone calls and follow up afterwards is a rare and superb quality. However, she has an irrational side, an out of control temper, and a punitive streak that makes her unbearable. Moreover, she appears to lack interest in Staying abreast of new developments in her field. For example, when I asked her about her experience with the antidepressant Brintillex which I believe came on the market in 2013, she said she doesn't prescribe it because most insurance would not cover it...when i informed her that my insurance does cover it, she became defensive and hostile.

June 2nd, 2013
excellent with my children
She is an awsome doctor and relates very well to children with differences and psychiactric diagnoses. I have twins and she made the biggest difference in working with my children. Fantstic outcome with both and our family is very happy with her care!

June 12th, 2012
struggling patient with TBI
After seeing several Dr.'s Uma Choday is tops to me. I recommend Dr. Choday to each and every person researching her treatment of patients. No other Dr in my 49 years of life treats me so well.God Bless You Dr. Choday

April 14th, 2012
We need you
We need a dr like this in our area. Dr is very kind and took her time with my family. I would reccommend her to anyone. She researched which medication would be best for me and always returned my phonecalls.

August 26th, 2010
Dr. Choday is a very professional physician. She has helped me with my condition and has changed my life for the better. I have seen other physicians in the Boca area that prescribed medicine that didn't help me and were reluctant to try other meds as though they were committed to one drug company. Dr. Choday really knows her profession and takes the time to make sure the medication is the correct med for you. Thank you Dr. Choday.

April 18th, 2010
This Dr. is very rude and seems uniterested. Gives the impression she is irritated about seeing you and can wait to have you out of the office. Needed her to fax over refill script to the pharmacy and she made it very difficult, I spent more than a week without the med because of her stuburness.

September 17th, 2008
A big disappointment
Started off ok, deteriorating interest from doctor, inpatience in treating needs of the patient,less and less appointment time during visit, annoyed attitude showing poor professionalism

April 26th, 2008
Dr.Choday has helped my son with getting my son on the the best medicine for him with the least side effects.I have visited many doctors to help my son,she has helped my family tremendously.