Dr. Uma Gowda MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

April 17th, 2016
He should not have the title as a Doctor!!!
I went to this doctor and was diagnosed with lung cancer. He delivered this diagnosis with a smile!!! Upon returning with my daughter, my daughter concurred that this doctor had no bedside manner, no compassion, no obvious knowledge of my disease. My daughter immediately found me another doctor with compassion, understanding of my disease with a caring staff and clean office. Do NOT go to this doctor if you want the best possible treatment during this time of confusion, anxiety and fear of the unknown. The oncologist that my daughter found has all but made my Stage IV lung cancer manageable and I am back to living.

January 8th, 2015
Worst Dr ever.... No Personality and very cold
Absolutely worst experience ever. A few months ago I was diagnosed with testicular cancer. I went through surgery and was referred to Dr. Gowda for follow-up for after treatment. I have seen this Dr. twice and I still have no idea of any specifics of my diagnosis or treatment. He has no bedside manner, no compassion or understanding for his patients, does not explain (or maybe even know) what he is talking about in any way, does not answer questions that are asked, and apparently can't even remember instructions he has given 5 minutes before. His staff is also extremely poor when it comes to patient care as several of the nurses have less personality than the clipboards they carry around. Would never recommend this dr or office to any one I ever meet

February 3rd, 2014
Pick another hematologist!
This doctor doesn't take the time to learn your name, review your test results, explain your test results or respond to your emails. Neither his staff or him apologize for long wait times. He didn't even apologize for taking a phone call in the middle of our appointment. I don't feel he cares about me as a person or has any urgency in treating me medical issue. For your sake.... find another doctor!!

November 3rd, 2013
About Dr. Gowda
My wife is being treated for stage two breast cancer. We have found Dr. Gowda to be a poor communicator and lacking in interpersonal skills. My wife asked him about her heart, having read that some chemo drugs, combined with Herceptin, can cause heart damage. His reply was" I am treating your cancer, not your heart." That did it for us. We are asking for another Oncologist. I think he is worn out. Maybe time to retire? .

November 1st, 2013
Dr Uma Gowda
My mother is going through treatment for breast cancer. When asking Dr Gowda about the side effects my mother was suffering from the medication he told my parents "unless you are studying to be a doctor there is no reason for you to know this." They are looking for another oncologist.

August 14th, 2013
Very good doctor
Very knowledeable about all the current treatments, experienced physician with very good judgement in treating many cancers.

August 12th, 2013
Miss
He is extremely patient, very knowledgeable and very intelligent and came up with a very good treatment plan without any unnecessary tests. I would very highly recommend him to any one who is seeking cancer treatment.

July 24th, 2013
RUN! No compassion or bedside manner! Sorry excuse for a doctor!
When my mom complained that this person (cannot honor him with the doctor title), told me what an uncaring person my dad's oncologist was, I set her judgment aside until I met him. I found Gowda so repulsive and unwilling to help my dad. Gowda gave up on my dad after 3 months of the wrong chemo with his stage iv cancer progressing. I immediately switched doctors and 3 months later my dad is nearly cancer free! I am hoping others will be proactive with their own care and avoid wasting precious time with this uncaring person. Also, the one staff person that we dealt with was not much better than Gowda. RUN, RUN, RUN!

February 25th, 2013
very informative, easy to talk to

October 21st, 2012
stay away!!
Never been to such a poor excuse for a M.D.

August 10th, 2012
Rude and uncaring and not informqative !

March 25th, 2011
No patient respect or compassion
I am so sorry to say that a physician in this specialty can be so cold and heartless. He never gives much information nor does he ask many questions. I have been with my mother to her oncologist in Chico, she is the most informative, thorough compasionate physician I have every observed, unlike Dr. Gowda. He has absolutely no bed side manner. I went through lung cancer with him, was cancer free for almost 4 years but the cancer has returned and I just can't bare the thought of going through this again with him. I am changing oncologists.