A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Uma Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rao
ADHD in Adults Patient Education Read our adult ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Rao Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Uma Rao, MD is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Child Behavior Disorders
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Bangalore Medical College. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Rao has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Ut Southwestern Med
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Uma K Rao MD is a female Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Uma K. Rao practice?
- Dr. Uma Rao has 1 office location.
Dr. Uma Rao practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Psychiatrists.