Overall Review

no change

October 6th, 2016
Appreciate her lifestyle guidance as well as medical guidance
Dr. Uma really takes a holistic approach to health care. For me personally, I have found her suggestions on diet and mindfulness extremely beneficial. This is not to say that she disregards traditional medicine - not at all - she just offers supplemental options as well, which I appreciate. I never feel rushed or like my questions are silly. I am really glad that Dr. Uma is my primary doctor.

April 30th, 2016
Best PC in Pittsburgh!

April 21st, 2016
So glad I found Dr. Purighalla!
I'm glad I found Dr. Purighalla. When I told my previous doctor about how upset I was about my weight gain, I was told that there's nothing I can do at my age (50), I could starve myself, and still not lose weight. Not Dr. Uma! She directed me in a path of a diet that met my personal preferences and now I lost weight and feel so much better about myself. She has helped me with other health issues and I am very pleased with her. The office is small, easy to access and park. I gave Dr. Purighalla a 5 star rating because that's how I feel about her as a professional. I find it hard to believe that a poor rating was given to her. On my initial visit, she spent a lot of time with me, and listened to my concerns. I do not however, care for the staff in her office. They're always eating, do not respond to messages in a reasonable time. I feel rushed when they call about my test results. They're not very friendly and seem to not like their job. My opinion.

June 30th, 2013
Very happy
She spends a lot of time with me. Very helpful advice. Holistic. I never feel rushed.

March 28th, 2013
horrible doctor
She is rude...enjoys arguing with you if you question her. Do not go To her. She is an arrogant know it all!

November 2nd, 2012
great doctor!
Dr. Purigalla is a wonderful smart and caring physician! If you've read a previous review about a speculum, forget it . She does not perform gyne exams as she is not Gynecologist. She's been a great internist for me!

August 10th, 2012
terrible
( one issue of many ) I was a patient of a doctor at this office for maybe about 10 years. That doctor moved on and it was suggested that I go to Uma. I never had an experience like this with my previous doctor who performed my yearly pap smears.A pap smear Uma performed on me caused a lot of discomfort. I spoke up about the size of the speculum she was getting out. I said "my previous docotor" (with that same office) "never used one that big". "I think a size smaller would be okay". I also stated that "I never had kids or gave birth". It seemed like she was ignoring me. I thought maybe I was being a fussy patient. But when she started to insert the speculum I stated "Ow, that hurts" but she continued on and I actually yelled "Oww!". She didn't say anything and then opened the speculum. I whimpered and felt a pinching / cutting pain that lasted the whole time during the exam. Then I felt pain in a different place inside me. It felt like she was using a sharp instrument to get the pap smear sample. The pain did lessen when the procedure was over but I had a burning sensation for an hour or two afterwards. I went straight home after that appointment. I was relunctant to but had to urinate shortly after getting home. It was then that I found a few spots of blood on my underwear. I called the office to pass along to her that I was bleeding and never got any response back at all in any way. I'm glad I didn't get an infection. I wished my previous doctor wouldn't have left.