Dr. Umasankari Sundaram Is this you?

Neutral

September 15th, 2016

rude, abrasive, demeaning, outdated recommendations

She gave rude and inaccurate advise to me about breastfeeding, including telling me I needed to wean because "breastmilk isn't enough nutrition for a baby after 4 months old" [World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding until at least 2 years old, and the AAP until at least 1 year old]. She was demeaning and short tempered with me on two different encounters. The second was a phone call I made to her to ask if a medicine was safe without interactions to my thyroid medicine, spelling out the name of the medicine in my message. She returned my messages and chewed me out over the phone for taking an antipsychotic medicine when it wasn't even one (I found out later that there is a somewhat similarly named medicine that is). She doesn't listen to you, and has horrible bedside manner, or even manners in general. I would NOT recommend that any mother use her as a physician (thryoid conditions are common postpartum). When I expressed my concern and requested a different doctor, the office ignored my message. A few months later, I tried to schedule with a different doctor and they still haven't given me "permission" to transfer out of her care, a week after my request. I will not return to Dr. Uma or her office. The only compliment I can give her is that she drew me an illustration of the thyroid and was able to explain it's function in easy to understand language.

November 4th, 2015

they dont call the patients back.

July 29th, 2015

Don't go!

My calls for appointments were never returned. I went to my family physician to get my thyroid levels checked. Finally got an appointment. I was constantly confused with other patients. She tried to give me different doses of my medicine. Difficult to get prompt refills. She lied straight to my face stating that I was on 3 different levels of thyroid medicine, when I was only on two. Comfirmed this with my husband and insurance. She confirmed that the tumor has grown back on my thyroid and tells me to come back in a year.

June 4th, 2015

Dr. Uma told my 34 year old daughter that she didn't need to take calcium supplements. That she should get ALL of her calcium from food. The USDA recommends that 34 year old women take 1,000mg Calcium daily. She can't get that much calcium out of food. Score: -50%

February 22nd, 2016