A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Umberto Fontana:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Umberto Fontana is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fontana
High Blood Pressure Patient Education Your patient education guide for understanding high blood pressure and hypertension symptoms. Let us help guide you when visiting your doctor.Before Visiting Dr. Fontana Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Umberto Fontana, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Fontana graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Fontana has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Roanoke-Chowan Hospital
- Beaufort County Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Umberto Gaetano Fontana MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Umberto G. Fontana practice?
- Dr. Umberto Fontana has 1 office location.
Dr. Umberto Fontana practices Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Greenville, NC.
See Greenville Cardiologists.