A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Uptal Patel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Patel
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Patel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Uptal Patel, MD is board certified in Nephrology and Pediatric Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
Education & Awards
Dr. Patel graduated from University of California at San Francisco.
Dr. Patel has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Durham VA Medical
- Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Uptal Patel MD is a male Internist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Nephrology.
- Where does Dr. Uptal Patel practice?
- Dr. Uptal Patel has 1 office location.
Dr. Uptal Patel practices Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Nephrology near Durham, NC.
See Durham Internists, Durham Nephrologists, and Durham Pediatricians.