A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Uptal Patel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Patel
Asthma Patient Education Use our asthma patient education guide to talk to your doctor about the questions and concerns you have in formulating the right asthma treatment plan for you.Before Visiting Dr. Patel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Uptal Patel, MD is board certified in Nephrology and Pediatric Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
Education & Awards
Dr. Patel graduated from University of California at San Francisco.
Dr. Patel has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Durham VA Medical
- Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Uptal Patel MD is a male Internist, has 14 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Nephrology.
- Where does Dr. Uptal Patel practice?
- Dr. Uptal Patel has 2 office locations.
Dr. Uptal Patel practices Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Nephrology near Durham, NC.
See Durham Internists, Durham Nephrologists, Durham Pediatricians, and Durham Pediatric Specialists.