Dr. Urelaine Simon Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Urelaine Simon?

Posted on February 24th, 2016

I first started seeing her 7 yrs ago when I was pregnant with my last baby ... I was nervous about changing Drs but I LOVE her ! She is professional yet personal and I have recommended her to many of my friends and family .

LOVE HER!!!!!

Posted on August 19th, 2013

I went thru two tuff pregnancies and she was right there with me!! A Preemie and a MC. I highly recommend her!!!

Horrible bedside manner

Posted on August 31st, 2012

I am completely appalled at what I experienced with Dr. Simon last month. I was giving birth at Rush, and thought Dr. Simon was on board with my birth plan. She definitely was not. When I was struggling to get through my contractions, and trying to tell her what options I wanted with the birth, she spoke down to me as if I was a 5-year-old. She informed me that she knew way more about birth than I ever hoped to, and I had no right to question what she was saying. Thanks to her, I had a horrible birth experience. I would NEVER EVER recommend her to anyone. If you hope to have a natural childbirth, make sure to look elsewhere.

Doctor's Response

I am saddened to find this review as I take special effort to make all patients birth experience as pleasant as possible. However, the above review is from a patient of another doctor that I took over care in the middle of her labor for him to go out of town. I therefore never had an opportunity to discuss prior to her labor her birth plan. It is always my effort to provide a safe and positive experience for my patients. Unfortunately, there are times when the safety and well-being of the baby will Require a change in a birth plan as is the case for this patient. It is a false statement to suggest that I treated this patient with anything other than respect. However, among other things, refusing to allow necessary resucitative measures for a baby that needed immediate attention because she did not want the umbilical cord clamped for 30 minutes after the baby was delivered is not a realistic expectation. Following her delivery, I discussed this patient with her doctor who informed me that he had not been aware of her birth plan and would not have been on board with her expectations as some of her requests in this particular case were dangerous. It is unfortunate that she considers her birth experience "horrible" because her experience resulted in a healthy baby and a healthy mom without complication.

Posted on July 20th, 2012

I have used Dr. Simon for the past 7 years and always refer my friends and co-workers to her. Always easy to talk to and very professional.

Posted on June 26th, 2012

I started seeing Dr. Simon earlier this year for my pregnancy. I have had several complications with pregnancy in the past and she was recommended by a church member. I am so glad that I decided to try her. She is exactly what I was looking for in a doctor!

Posted on June 25th, 2012

Highly recommend this doctor. I have lived in many different places and had many different doctors. I am very satisfied with my experience with De. Simon

Posted on June 21st, 2012

Dr. Simon performed my surgery this year and the experience was fantastic. She has a great bedside manner and was able to ease my nerves. My surgery went great and I was back to work in no time. I would recommend her to everyone

Posted on June 21st, 2012

Very please with Dr. Simon. I will be recommending her to all my friends and family.

Posted on June 6th, 2012

So pleased with my new doctor. The office was amazing and Dr. Simon is more than I could have expected. So glad I have found doctor that I trust.

Wonderful doctor and person

Posted on September 3rd, 2011

I am so glad I got a chance to meet this wonderful doctor and person. I think she is the best ever. She really cares for her patients and I like the fact she sees her patients on every visit. Also, she is very much up on moderate medicine and practices. I love her and I wish she could have delivered all four of my babies, but I am glad she delivered my most recent two.

Dr. Moderate--- Office Staff-Bad to Worse

Posted on May 26th, 2011

The office staff was terrible.I liked Dr. Simon at first. However, her office staff was very unprofessional. During a phone call I was yelled at, hung up on, lied to, and falsely accused. I was then denied to know the name of who I was talking to. I went the next day to speak with the doctor about what had happened. I was told that since I had changed my care to her "biggest rival" she would not even meet with me. Did she really expect me to stay after being treated that way?

Posted on October 18th, 2009

Great doctor who clearly cares for her patient. Beautiful new upscale office. Would recommend to all my family and friends. Usually only have to wait if she gets called back to the hospital to deliver a baby