Dr. Uri Ahn MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Bedford, NH

April 19th, 2017
Thank you from the bottom of my spine (and heart) :)
Beyond a shadow of a doubt Dr. Uri Ahn is the only surgeon I will ever trust with my spine!!!! I have now had 3 spine surgeries with Dr. Uri Ahn since 2010; 2 L5-S1 discectomies and 1 c6-c7 discect/fusion. The most recent l5-s1 only 2 weeks ago (already walking 3+ miles/day). Dr. Ahn got me back to living each time my discs decided to betray me. I'm a very healthy, active, fit person who just happens to have a genetic disposition for disc issues. I couldn't be more appreciative or grateful for Dr. Ahn. Each time he was compassionate and sensitive to the pain, discomfort and life altering condition that I was experiencing. Each time he took the time to answer my questions and make me feel like a true priority. He spent the time explaining why surgery was a good option for me and why I was a good candidate for surgery – because it is a 2 way street. Not everyone is a candidate and I was just very thankful that I was. For the one cervical issue and my latest lumbar issue the pain was debilitating and I was barely functioning and on lots of pain meds that didn’t even alleviate the pain with lots of side affects. Each time he got me into surgery in a matter of days following the normal conservative treatment protocol (which I also appreciated). My most recent surgery, 2 weeks ago, he fit me in earlier just so that I could heal in time for an upcoming vacation. I was also to the point that I could barely get around – he was a Godsend. He’s a brilliant surgeon and I cannot thank him enough for his honestly, candidness (which some falsely refer to as bad bedside manner…it’s called honesty) and for helping me back to a normal pain-free life. Aside from my next follow up in 4 weeks, the only time I hope to see him again is on a golf course somewhere, but in the unfortunate event that I do need spine attention, he will be my first and only option. Please don’t retire!!

April 16th, 2017
Conservative approach to surgery
I had a great experience with Dr. Ahn. I liked the fact that he was not in a rush to perform surgery and only recommended it when my back issues had gotten worse. He explained all my options clearly and once the decision for surgery was made, he walked me through what to expect. The surgery and post surgery activities were successful and I am back doing all the things I was able to do previously.

April 16th, 2017
Excellent Surgeon!
After a year of significant pain and consultation with three surgeons, I asked Dr. Ahn to perform a L5-S1 fusion for me. I'm 47 years old and first met with Dr. Ahn about 6 months prior to having the surgery in February. He strongly encouraged me to avoid the fusion if at all possible. After many physical therapy sessions, injections, and oral medications, it was time for the surgery. I knew that if I was willing to do my part that he would do his part. I couldn't be happier with the results so far. I'm 9 weeks post-op and feeling great! My back feels better than it has in years. I didn't realize how long I had lived with chronic pain until it was gone. I highly recommend Dr. Ahn to those seeking the best and most realistic treatment options. I believe he is direct, honest, and most importantly a great surgeon. Thank you Dr. Ahn!

April 4th, 2017
warm, friendly and set my mind at ease quickly. I am almost pain free now and would chose him again should the occasion ever arise.

March 31st, 2017
Dr. Ahn performed my neck fusion surgery in 2016. He explained the surgery and the recovery thoroughly. I knew exactly what to expect and felt totally confident in his care. He got me in as soon as he could and I was free of pain immediately. I had no complications and was back at work in 6 weeks. I highly recommend Dr.Ahn and the NH Neurospine Institute.

March 30th, 2017
Highly Recommended
Dr. Ahn performed a lumbar fusion on me 7 years ago that went extremely well. When I started having huge neck issues I returned to him because he is compassionate and caring. He ended up performing a bi-level cervical fusion. This surgery had an excellent outcome as well. He is very clear and concise with diagnosis, treatment options and expectations. He doesn't pressure you to have surgery. His entire staff is very helpful and caring as well. I would recommend him to anyone in need of an orthopedic surgeon.

March 23rd, 2017
Excellent & compassionate spine surgeon
I can't speak highly enough of the care I have received through Dr. Ahn and his office staff and team members. With a significant central disk rupture and resultant spinal stenosis, I saw Dr. Ahn. He was prompt, caring, and clear in outlining the problem and possible options for treatment. He expedited my surgery by adding it at the end of his schedule. Surgery went smoothly as did in-hosital recovery. Expectations for recovery and activity were clear, and the entire team of caregivers were all singing the same tune. By the first post-op day my numbness was gone. The incision has healed well and I am about to begin rehab (beyond the daily walking that I have been doing) soon. Again I thank Dr. Ahn and his team for my recovery and quick (hopefully) return to normal activities after rehab.

March 7th, 2017
ACDF C4-5,C5-6
In 2012 (finally) diagnosed with spinal cord compression from 2 discs in my neck. After 3rd opinion and high recommendation from my PCP I met with Dr. Ahn and discussed options. I found him to be professional yet compassionate. I was so scared, I had never had any surgeries before. Early 2013, went forward with ACDF C4-5 & C5-6. After surgery I felt immediate relief. After 6-8 weeks of recovery I had no pain, no weakness and no more tingling. Unfortunately, I was hit by a vehicle on the highway in 2016 and felt symptoms of pain and tingling. Was referred immediately by my PCP back to Dr Ahn. The disc above had bulged and pressed into my spinal cord. It was necessary to do the same procedure to alleviate the danger of compression of my spinal cord. This time I was more trusting and comfortable. I received the same professionalism and compassion as the first time. It has been 6 weeks, all went well again - heading into couple weeks of therapy and should be good as new again. I tell everyone I know that experiences "spinal issues" to contact Dr. Ahns office.

February 28th, 2017
IF YOU HAVE BACK OR NECK PAIN DR. AHN IS THE GREATEST SURGEON YOU WILL FIND
I AM CURRENTLY UNDER HIS CARE AGAIN THIS YEAR FOR MORE NECK PROBLEMS. HOWEVER ,BACK IN 2002 DR. AHN REPLACED 3 DISKS IN MY NECK WITH ARTIFICIAL ONES AND MY PAIN LEVEL WENT FROM 10 TO 2. HE IS A GREAT SURGEON AND THE ONLY DOCTOR WHO I WILL EVER ALLOW TO CUT INTO ME. I HAVE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED HIM TO MY FRIENDS WITH BACK AND NECK TROUBLE.

February 24th, 2017
Fantastic Doctor
I have complete faith in Dr. Ahn. He performed spine surgery on my mom and she has been great. She was in her 70's when she had surgery, she is 90 now and her back is great. Dr, Ahn performed surgery on my sister and her back is great. I have spinal stinosis and when I need surgery, Dr. Ahn will be my choice for sure. He had a great personality and makes you feel wonderful.

February 21st, 2017
Dr Ahn
Dr Ahn was so nice and knows his Stull his office helped me so much.

February 18th, 2017
Saved my life!
While having surgery in Bedford at an outpatient clinic for a meniscus tear, it was determined that I was dropped to the floor. 3 months past, and now I have seen every doctor one goes to. Neurology in Derry, who sends you to PT, chiropractic, massage, anywhere but an MRI. He even had me infusing myself with IV fluid containing 2000 mg a day of like prednisone . Now my husband takes me to HFH and an MRI is performed to find I have a Fracture at C3, 4, 5. At this point I am in a wheel chair, cannot walk, cannot feed myself and have no feeling in my hands or feet. I was still following Dr's orders and going to Physical Therapy. The next day they call and they tell me that I need to find a Neuro-orthopedic Spine Specialist. This is where I met Dr Ahn. HIs voice was so soft and soothing, his mannerism slow and deliberate as he examined me and my MRI. He turned and said, "I honestly don't know why you are still alive" 3 days later after getting off the prednisone like substance I went to surgery. He did tell me I could die, I could be a Quad, or have no feeling in my hands. Well, here I am to tell the tale of how I lived, can type and the only problem I have is feeling my feet and hands. You God puts people in your life when you need it, He put Doctor Ahn ( whom I never heard of) in mine. I could go on and on but from everyone that I've ever recommended to go see him, they all say the same. He is the best! I would never go to anyone but him, because I trust his judgment and I trusted him with my life!