Dr. Uri Ahn MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Bedford, NH

May 25th, 2017
Thank you Dr Ahn!
I had a L4-L5 discectomy & laminectomy on my spine. I couldn't be more pleased with the work Dr Ahn did on my back. He gave me my life back. I'm so thankful I had him do my surgery!

May 19th, 2017
Phenomenal surgeon! Many, many thanks!
A great big thank you to Dr. Ahn! I February, I ruptured my disc at L4/L5, and suffered through unbearable and debilitating pain that left me unable to walk, sit, stand or sleep for a week. Shots of Lidocaine and corticosteroids took 1.5 weeks to feel relief, but I still had serious concerns that the steroid injection would wear off, and the pain would return. I was also concerned about permanent nerve damage, since I still had some numbness and no reflex in my left leg. After meeting with Dr. Ahn, I decided to pursue surgery. One month after the injury, Dr. Ahn performed a microdiscectomy, and two weeks after the surgery I was back to work! I lead a very active lifestyle, walk and run, and use an elliptical machine, doing 6-7 miles per day, 5 days a week. I have never had any injuries, and was very afraid that I would never feel like my pre-injury self. Six weeks later... I've been walking throughout my recovery... I'm back to 6+ miles a day, with no issues. My hamstrings are tight, and I haven't resumed all of my usual exercises, but I know that I will. I have started running in short intervals... no issues. Dr. Ahn did an AMAZING job! He gave me my normal life back! His straightforward, honest and reassuring manner was comforting, and his surgical skills are exceptional. My recovery went very well, and I've never had any recurrence of pain or numbness in my back or leg. My scar is very minimal, and within a few months, it will probably be completely unnoticeable. I highly recommend Dr. Uri Ahn... he is a phenomenal surgeon. The injury was unfortunate, but I feel incredibly fortunate to have been treated by Dr. Ahn!

May 15th, 2017
Great!!!
I had recently had some issues that my PCP was unable to diagnose, Dr. Ahn was great and was able to help with my issues and concerns. He is highly recommended by me!

May 10th, 2017
Exceptional!!
Dr.Ahn took extreme care with my diagnosis and treatment plan. He was highly knowledgeable, direct and professional. I had full confidence in his abilities and would highly recommend his services.

May 3rd, 2017
An Outstanding Physician and Surgeon
Dr. Ahn performed my back-fusion surgery in 2017. From the very first appointment, my wife and I knew that we had made the right choice selecting him to resolve my medical condition and reassured we were in good hands. He was professional, straightforward, genuinely compassionate and sensitive to the significant discomfort that I was experiencing resulting from a herniated disc. He explained the surgery and the recovery thoroughly. I knew exactly what to expect and felt totally confident in his care. He adjusted his schedule and got me into surgery within a week. Following surgery, I felt complete relief immediately. I highly recommend Dr. Ahn and the NH Neurospine Institute.

April 26th, 2017
Patients BFF
I have been receiving care from the Neurospine Institute that Dr. Ahn is part of almost 15 years. This practice has the best doctors who truly care about you the patient. They always do what is right for the patient. After recently seeing Dr. Ahn (April 2017) for cervical spine issues once again I was highly impressed with his approach to my issues. He was genuine, compassionate and attentive to my situation. He wanted to know and cared about what I had to say as well which makes you feel like not just another name on a file. Thank you Dr. Ahn.

April 19th, 2017
Thank you from the bottom of my spine (and heart) :)
Beyond a shadow of a doubt Dr. Uri Ahn is the only surgeon I will ever trust with my spine!!!! I have now had 3 spine surgeries with Dr. Uri Ahn since 2010; 2 L5-S1 discectomies and 1 c6-c7 discect/fusion. The most recent l5-s1 only 2 weeks ago (already walking 3+ miles/day). Dr. Ahn got me back to living each time my discs decided to betray me. I'm a very healthy, active, fit person who just happens to have a genetic disposition for disc issues. I couldn't be more appreciative or grateful for Dr. Ahn. Each time he was compassionate and sensitive to the pain, discomfort and life altering condition that I was experiencing. Each time he took the time to answer my questions and make me feel like a true priority. He spent the time explaining why surgery was a good option for me and why I was a good candidate for surgery – because it is a 2 way street. Not everyone is a candidate and I was just very thankful that I was. For the one cervical issue and my latest lumbar issue the pain was debilitating and I was barely functioning and on lots of pain meds that didn’t even alleviate the pain with lots of side affects. Each time he got me into surgery in a matter of days following the normal conservative treatment protocol (which I also appreciated). My most recent surgery, 2 weeks ago, he fit me in earlier just so that I could heal in time for an upcoming vacation. I was also to the point that I could barely get around – he was a Godsend. He’s a brilliant surgeon and I cannot thank him enough for his honestly, candidness (which some falsely refer to as bad bedside manner…it’s called honesty) and for helping me back to a normal pain-free life. Aside from my next follow up in 4 weeks, the only time I hope to see him again is on a golf course somewhere, but in the unfortunate event that I do need spine attention, he will be my first and only option. Please don’t retire!!

April 16th, 2017
Conservative approach to surgery
I had a great experience with Dr. Ahn. I liked the fact that he was not in a rush to perform surgery and only recommended it when my back issues had gotten worse. He explained all my options clearly and once the decision for surgery was made, he walked me through what to expect. The surgery and post surgery activities were successful and I am back doing all the things I was able to do previously.

April 16th, 2017
Excellent Surgeon!
After a year of significant pain and consultation with three surgeons, I asked Dr. Ahn to perform a L5-S1 fusion for me. I'm 47 years old and first met with Dr. Ahn about 6 months prior to having the surgery in February. He strongly encouraged me to avoid the fusion if at all possible. After many physical therapy sessions, injections, and oral medications, it was time for the surgery. I knew that if I was willing to do my part that he would do his part. I couldn't be happier with the results so far. I'm 9 weeks post-op and feeling great! My back feels better than it has in years. I didn't realize how long I had lived with chronic pain until it was gone. I highly recommend Dr. Ahn to those seeking the best and most realistic treatment options. I believe he is direct, honest, and most importantly a great surgeon. Thank you Dr. Ahn!

April 4th, 2017
warm, friendly and set my mind at ease quickly. I am almost pain free now and would chose him again should the occasion ever arise.

March 31st, 2017
Dr. Ahn performed my neck fusion surgery in 2016. He explained the surgery and the recovery thoroughly. I knew exactly what to expect and felt totally confident in his care. He got me in as soon as he could and I was free of pain immediately. I had no complications and was back at work in 6 weeks. I highly recommend Dr.Ahn and the NH Neurospine Institute.

March 30th, 2017
Highly Recommended
Dr. Ahn performed a lumbar fusion on me 7 years ago that went extremely well. When I started having huge neck issues I returned to him because he is compassionate and caring. He ended up performing a bi-level cervical fusion. This surgery had an excellent outcome as well. He is very clear and concise with diagnosis, treatment options and expectations. He doesn't pressure you to have surgery. His entire staff is very helpful and caring as well. I would recommend him to anyone in need of an orthopedic surgeon.