Dr. Ursina Teitelbaum MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

July 7th, 2016
Deserves zero stars
Initially gave her a great review after the first tme we saw her. Unfortunately, all went downhill with her over the following months. At first she'll seem interested and caring, happy to have acquired another patient on her caseload. And then, as things go on you begin to see that she rushes through exams, after making you wait for hours, doesn't answer calls, and has utter disrespect for caregivers. Was so glad we dropped her towards the end. I agree with others that she would be better off doing research. Oh, and if a treatment recommended by her doesn't go as planned it's never her fault. Arrogance personified.

June 27th, 2016
Too Burned Out - Stay Away or You'll Suffer Even More
Super smart does not = Good Doctor. My take is that in trying to get a family to absorb and accept a horrible prognosis, this doctor is compelled to bash you over the head with it, or turn her back on you altogether. Go back to the laboratory, sister.

June 26th, 2016
Shocking lack of compassion, rude
My elderly father had the misfortune to be assigned to this physician during his final hospital admission. Never have I encountered a physician with such an appalling lack of compassion and absolute zero bedside manner. She was also incredibly rude to my family. She made a horrible situation that much worse. I can only hope that she gets out of clinical medicine soon because anyone living with or losing the battle with cancer deserves compassion and caring, not someone who treats the patient or family like dirt.

June 4th, 2016
Awful person

December 26th, 2015
Don't waste your time
At the outset Dr. Teitelbaum seemed genuinely concerned for my mom's well being. As the cancer progressed and became more difficult to treat Dr. Teitelbaum was no longer interested, helpful or available. Mom died wondering why this Doctor never came to see her in the hospital.

December 7th, 2015
I'd like to warn anyone going to see this Dr. She lacks compassion, and timeliness in treatment of patients. She was cruel, and lacked any empathy for patient or family of patient. Her standard of care was a 0. Please steer clear if you want to survive.

June 4th, 2015
Wonderful doctor- I am writing because I was shocked to see negative comments on this site. Dr Teitelbaum made me feel confident about my treatment plan. Incredible compassion. See even made a house call to me when I was having a complication in my recovery. I give her a high recommendation.

April 19th, 2015
Most memorable? Lack of responsveness, exams that aren't thorough; limited discussion of options. Liked least? Her attitude. Tell friends? Go somewhere else.

November 22nd, 2014
Arrogant
Rushes through "exams ". Does not listen to patient.

July 29th, 2014
She is a very compassionate doctor. I feel she really cares about me and how my treatment is effecting my quality of life.

September 28th, 2013
Excellent experience
Answered our questions and was very respectful and compassionate. Staff was courteous and efficient. Looking forward to working with her and this team, and I feel safe knowing I am in competent hands and being treated at a major cancer and research center with a professional, knowledgeable oncologist.

July 9th, 2013
Dr. Teitelbaum gives great care
I am an outpatient with a difficult case of cancer. Dr Teitelbaum is one of several Penn physicians on my team. She has been my staunch advocate as the doctors have plotted my course of treatment, always considering how to provide effective therapy without undue side effects. I feel that she is living my cancer with me and if I have to be sick, I am glad to have her on my side. I absolutely trust her with my life.