Dr. Usha Mantha Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Usha Mantha?

Posted on March 14th, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Mantha for about 5 years. I had received good care from her in the past. But lately she has gone back to India on many occassions. She was prescribing me diabetes medication. But since she is not an endo doc. She had me on a medication that was determental to my health. She has her focus on other matters and not paying attention to her patients. Her office staff is the worst especially Pomona office. Not very good at communication and lack any sort of professionalism. I'm looking for new doctor who cares about patients. Apparently Dr. Mantha has lost her focus on patient care!!

After years of treating my family...

Posted on April 14th, 2015

Dr. Mantha has been my family's doctor for years. My father is currently dying of cancer and Parkinsons, as well as having high blood pressure and diabetes to account for. In every attempt we've made to obtain advice and consultation for my father's end of life treatment (as we have several specialists each providing separate diagnoses for my father's conditions), she has dismissed us as our provider and family care partner. In wanting to know whether or not treating any one of his conditions would affect treatment for any others, she basically wrote us and my father off without so much as any answer to our questions. In my dealings with her for my own health, she's conducted very superficial exams followed by almost no real diagnosis or prognosis for my condition...ever. I've seen her for my own condition multiple times in the last 10 years, and she always "prescribes" a few weeks of physical therapy at a time and Advil...for a lifelong, degenerative condition. Upon requests to see if this is comprehensive treatment, she has shrugged and said "I don't know, maybe". Her bedside manner is on par with that of a burnt out cop. Any request for concrete medical advice or direction (for myself or my family members) has been met with rude, dismissive and uninformative dialog. Never seen a doctor spend more effort to not answer fairly direct questions that would have taken less effort to just answer. After seeing how doctors at facilities like Kaiser basically do nothing except prescribe medicine and make guesses as to their patients' long term health, she'd have to actually struggle to meet that standard of care for her practice. If you want a doctor that actually cares, and gives comprehensive treatment to all patients, don't go to Dr. Mantha.

Great doctor and Person

Posted on January 7th, 2011

She has been helping me with my weight loss and has good knowledge and is always looking intot the latest information. Her staff is very friendly and helpful.

Doctor? More like a saleswoman.

Posted on August 4th, 2010

Dr Mantha took a call on her cell during my exam -- no "excuse me", no "this is important", no apology, no explanation. (It was her kid, who she talked to about homework and snacks.)At the end of my appointment, she invited me to an Herbalife/Usana-type product party. Pushing nutritional and health crap on your patients? Desperate and sleezy.

Posted on May 10th, 2010

Rude staff in general and the impatient doctor about patient's questions.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on January 3rd, 2010

She really cares about her patients....

Posted on December 21st, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Mantha for about 5 years. Overall, I haven't had any real complaints. As a doctor, she is one of the best primary care physicians I was able to find in the area who was accepting new patients (they are hard to find out in this area). She actually listens and talks about options with me, rather than immediately talking down to me like other docs sometimes tend to do. She also gets real about taking responsibility oneself. She has no problem referring out as needed, as well. I really like the fact that she has an ob/gyn background and is able to do my well woman exams.

good doc

Posted on September 7th, 2009

Overall, I've been happy with Dr. Mantha. She really talks with me in deciding what to do about my health care and presents me with options. She has no problem with running tests as needed and referring me to a specialist if necessary. She has a previous background in ob/gyn, so it makes in nice to have her do my well-woman care. If she find an issue, then she'll refer out if necessary.

Posted on August 25th, 2009

-misdiagnosed me several times-physical was a joke- spent all of 4 minutes with me

Posted on January 17th, 2017