Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
2 Maryland Ave
Edison, NJ 08820
732-744-9288
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 14th, 2014

Nothing to like about this Doctor. Takes walk-ins so making the appointment is not difficult, it is the waiting for hours sometimes to actually see the Dr for all of 5 minutes. Unprofessional at best...

|  Disappointed  |  show details
by Dorothy J on Aug 5th, 2013

Talk about disappointing! Voice mail was not returned. I then called back only to be put on hold for ten minutes. If you can't make an appointment you cant judge the doctor! There is no rating lower than one star but this office should get one

by Henry M. on May 19th, 2013

The doctor is not a bad doctor. She seems to keep up with the latest research and best practices. However, the wait time is usually VERY LONG!! Also, her staff is not well trained and she seems to have regular staff turn over. Finally, Dr. Panicker gives inconsistent service. One time she spends time talking, asking and answering questions. Other times, she asks 2 questions and steps out without saying the session is over. She'll then send in an assistant to tell you to step out.

Feb 26th, 2013

The wait time is ridiculous. 2 hours in the waiting room, another hour or more in the inside waiting room and an hour or more with her (if you let her). What bothers me the most is that she ends up talking a lot about things in general, and not focus on why you are there in the first place.. to see the doctor regarding a specific problem. The office staff refuses to fax any paperwork, saying they're not allowed to and are unprofessional. Currently looking for another doctor!

|  WORST STAFF EVER VERY RUDE AND APATHETIC  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2012

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE DR.PANICKER BUT THE STAFF IS JUST AWFUL,TERRIBLE,AND DOES NOT SHOW ANY COURTESY TO ITS CLIENTS.I have this bad experience with them when I was asking for some consideration not to charge me a $50.00 for missing my appointment and mind you this was my first time missing it in 5 years under her care. Staff insisted of charging me and sending me the bill after having to reason out with them and I would quote "its our policy and procedure" sounding so apathetic and so cold that I gave up and said alright just send me the bill and I would not see the doctor anymore and search for a new doctor,they just said "OK". I just hope this would be an eye opener to those who would be and currently under her care. I'm very disappointed with how a patient/doctor relationship would end like this....thanks to your staff !!!

Jul 17th, 2012

Extremely rude and deameaning. Would not recommend this doctor.

|  Smartest doctor I have ever seen  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

doctor panicker is by far the smartest doctor I have ever seen. without going into details about my health condition, i can tell you that she REALLY knows her stuff. after being shuffled around by other doctors who have no idea what they're doing she figured out my exact problem and gave me the right treatment and i am truly grateful and lucky to have found such a wonderful doctor and am happy to support her and recommend her to anyone. if you want someone who knows what they are doing then look no further!

|  An overall excellent doctor  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2011

Dr. Panicker is one of the best doctors I have seen. She really cares about patients and goes the extra mile for me. She is a very intelligent and experienced doctor.

|  highly recommend  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Panicker. She is very smart, friendly, and caring. She has managed my diabetes far better than the doctor I used to see before I moved to the edison area and I have nothing but praise for her manners and skills as a doctor.

Jul 6th, 2011

I am glad I came to see Dr. Panicker. The other doctor I was seeing before was putting on unncecessary medications. I feel lot better

|  Long Wait time, Very Rude  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

Wait time is too long. Doctor was very rude and left without answering any questions. Poor Bedside manner.

|  not recomend  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

office staffs are really rude, doc is not friendy, not helpfull for followup, moneyminded. if you have any questions after your visit you need a new appointment to clear up your question, don't care about the patients.

|  discrimination in america  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

it seems that this doctor does not see black patients per her receptionist one week before one can get an appointment then they call you and say it will be better if you see another dr because you disturbing us i am not indian and will never be the receptionist needs to watch what she said to patients.

|  Horrible service staff  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

This doctor has the most horrible service staff I know. After several tries got an appointment, which I was given right in the middle of the day as new patient. Showed up, after taking half the day off from work, and waited 90 minutes. No sign of the doctor. Then had to reschedule as had to get back to work. On the rescheduled appointment day, the staff called to cancel the appointment. Then refused to give another appointment at my preferred time of late evening, saying we see new patients only in the middle of the day. What a bunch of idiots and a doctor who is a bigger idiot of all.

|  Poor bedside manners, no professional courtsey!  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

Only met once - first meeting!Was waiting one and halfhours at the clinic without any updates.The Doctor didn't offer any apology for the waitingShe asked me the same questions that I had already filled out in a form I had been asked to fill. I had to tell her to that she should either read the form or fill it herself while meeting me.I gave her copies of my previous reports as I had been advised by her staff. However, the doctor didn't bother to read it and gave it her staff for photo-copying. Meanwhile, she asked me specifics that were on those reports. I told her I cannot be sure of the numbers, dates and medical terminology on the reports and she should look at it.Without waiting to see the report, the Doctor gave me a prescription for more tests and left the room.Her staff brought back my blood test reports - unstappled and in total dissaray.I told her, I want the doctor to have a look at the reports and would like to ask her about it. The staff went into the Doctors room and came back saying the doctor will not see me or talk to me. If I have a question, I should ask the staff. I asked the staff if the doctor had any specific inputs based on the actual numbers for my blood sugar and if there was anything else I should be concerned about from an endocrinological point of view since I take over a dozen tablets every day and am a critical end-stage Heart Failure Patient.The doctor refused to still see the report or talk to me. She told her staff to tell me that she had nothing to add that I should get the additional tests done and come back to see her with another appointment. I checked to confirm if she was with another patient. She wasn't. There was noone in the waiting area too. I know none of my experiences reflect on how good or bad a doctor she is, but I am not sure I want to find out. Would you?

by Juana B on Aug 10th, 2010

This doctor is horrible. She will not speak to you when you call her. She puts her receptionists (who have no idea what they're doing) and speaks to you through them while you can hear her in the background telling them what to say. That is the utmost unprofessionalism I have encountered in a doctor's office.

|  Editorial review from Book of Doctors  |  show details
by Juana at Book of Doctors on Aug 10th, 2010 on bookofdoctors.com

First dentist that has made my visits were attention was paid to my illness and my dental work was not extremely painful. They were very helpful and answered all my questions and concerns.

Read Full Review at bookofdoctors.com
 |  Very pleasant and intelligent.  |  show details
by Owiee on Aug 8th, 2010

Dr. Bangelor referred me to Dr. Panicker for help in managing my Addison's. She is very caring and listened to my concerns. I was not rushed and my questions were answered. I would recommend her to my friends.

Jul 23rd, 2010

Very Caring and Spends time to discuss your overall health, questions and concerns.

May 30th, 2010

This doctor has excellent clinical skills.

|  waiting period ......tooooooooo looooooooong  |  show details
by wellwisher on Feb 18th, 2010

I am not sure why we dont have any law against the doctors office, who charge us for each and service, but make us wait for hrs for no reason. If the doctors office are not able to mananage their time and appointment, then why the heck they give appointment. Its so frustrating to wait for hrs together even after having an appointment. The funny part is on the date or the prior day to the day of appointment, somebody from the doctors office will call and confirm the appointment. A notice at the reception that the delay is because of care and attention they provide to patients need is bullshit. Its rediculus...and bad excuse to cover the inefficeny in time management. If given the opportunity i would never take my family to this place. Nothing against the doctor though.......

by anonymous on Oct 13th, 2009

I came to her for gestational diabetes and she wound up doing a thyroid work up. One of my numbers was off so instead of looking further into it, she wanted to give me medicine because she "was at a loss and dont know what to do" Ive seen her 3 times and I still dont what's going on w my gest diabetes. The waiting time is ridiculous-expect to be there for min 2hours. When I call to speak with the doctor, the staff won't let me and says I need to make appt-even for a simple question. And, good luck getting a receptionist on the phone-they never answer.

Sep 5th, 2009

Did not like this office at all. I feel bad for the staff I know is not there fault. But the doctor is horrible, never wants to help with prescriptions and faxing. But the worse is the waiting time you wait 2 hrs in the waiting room then 1 hr more in the inside waiting room total 3hrs waitin then the dr sees you for 15 minutes. Waste of my time.

|  Long Waiting Time  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2008

After you wait about an hour in the first waiting room, you wait another half hour to an hour in the back waiting room. I fell asleep in the second waiting room. I asked for a flu shot and was told she doesn't do them anymore, go to an old age home (I'm 50) She won't cooperate with the mail away meds that my insurance requires and won't fax any forms. If I want a copy of my test results she charges $1.00 per page. I feel sorry for the people that work here. They seem so unhappy. I guess you would be too if everyone was yelling at you all the time about overbooking the appointments. And, by the way good luck finding out what the actual office hours are and getting a human on the phone once in a while would be nice. It takes 5 or 6 calls to get an appointment because no one ever picks up the phone.....

Jun 19th, 2008

All this office cares about is money. The Dr. and the staff are just disgusting.