A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Usman Ahmad:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Usman Ahmad is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Usman Ahmad, MBBS, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Thyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahmad graduated from King Edward Medical University, Lahore.
Dr. Ahmad has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- UPMC Passavant
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahmad accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans