Quit!! show details Quit!!
by Bonnie on Jan 15th, 2016

I was promised my surgery would be the week of Jan 18, 2016. I call on Jan 14 to find out exact date.. only to be told Dr. Waheed quit the practice. Amazing, he was only doctor I am aware of in practice. I wasted a month waiting for a surgery date, now I can not get in with another surgeon to get surgery in time before my new year deductible in March. So no surgery for me unless I can come up with over $4000. Thanks for stringing me along and leaving me with a surgery I can not afford aka a life of pain.

Dr. Waheed saved my life! show details Dr. Waheed saved my life!
Oct 12th, 2009

Dr. Waheed was the trauma surgeon on duty the evening I arrived at the Jersey Shore University Medical Center's ER on Labor Day complaining of abdominal pains that had started 12 hours prior. After an ambiguous CAT scan reading by an outsourced company, he correctly diagnosed a closed loop in my small intestine. Within hours I was being prepped for surgery; an exploratory followed by a small bowel resection. 6-days later I am home recovering.As an inpatient, Dr. Waheed or a member of the surgical team would visit with me monitoring my progress. He is easy to speak with, answers all questions, and makes you feel comfortable and confident in his abilities and knowledge.