Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
675 Ygnacio Valley Rd
Ste A100
Downtown Walnut Creek, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
925-937-7463
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Sad  |  show details
by Barbara D. on Nov 11th, 2013

I saw Dr. Nottingham for multiple issues. He did 2 spinal surgeries on me that went well. But, when I had serious pain, he hung me out with no help for months and then dropped me as a patient when my poor husband pushed him to see me. I was in excruciating pain for months. He had promised to speed up the process for me but he never did. Finally, forced to see another doc. Got help right away, Cysts pressing on my spinal cord, removed, pain gone. Yea some recovery but thank goodness. I was terribly disappointed in Dr. N. Especially after having a long term relationship with him prior. I guess your level of pain is not his concern.

|  20 year patient  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2013

The very first time I saw Dr Nottimgham, he spent 1.5 hours with my husband and I answering questions and fielding concerns. He is a gifted surgeon and cares deeply for his patients. The wait can be long, but when it is your turn, he never short changes your time with him.

|  Twelve years in, doing great  |  show details
by Derotha Cross on Jun 6th, 2013

Anterior /posterior discectomy infusion procedure twelve years ago, performed by Dr. Nottingham. I found that while the wait in the office seems to be rather long at times, he was very informative an honest about what I would have to go through and my recovery time would be about a year. I followed doctor’s orders and my back has been doing just fine. Only when I really over work my back do I have a little pain, but the pain will go away with a good night rest. I count it a blessing to have had Dr. Nottingham to perform my surgery. Thank you Dr. Nottingham for helping me to be able to wear my heels, play with my grandchildren, and now becoming a nurse.

|  If you don't mind being his Guinea Pig, go for it!  |  show details
by DISSATISFIED on Apr 25th, 2013

I can only say that if you don't mind paying Dr. Nottingham to do the same surgery over and over again, because he couldn't get it right the first time, then go for it. I had to pay this guy to Implant a Spinal cord stimulator 3 times, and he never did get it right. In addition, I was asked to participate in a new trial version of the surgery, for which I would be minimally compensated for responding to follow up questions in the months following the surgery. When I never received questionares or compensation for participating in the trial surgery, I inquired with Dr. Nottingham as to why. I was told that because I was going to be moving some time in the unforeseeable future, they decided to not include me in the study after all. I was told I had to go to this doctor, as he was the only one in the area doing the newer version of this surgery that I had, at the time. I could have had the traditional implant surgery done by my own doctor, instead I went to him for the new surgery and got experimented on. I am convinced that his failure to perform the surgery successfully was the reason I was left out of the study group. I don't think they wanted their study results rate skewed in a negative way. Take my advice, find a doctor who cares about you as a person, not one who's just out to make money off of those hurt and in pain.

|  First Impression  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

I saw Dr. Nottingham after seeing 4 other doctors who gave me 4 different opinions on the solution to my low back problem. Although the wait in the office was nearly intolerable (over an hour) I fully understand why. He spent nearly an hour discussing my complicated case and the options, which he detailed as much as we wanted.I think I will be using him for my 2 level fusion in the very near future.

|  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

The Dr spent less than 7 minutes with me before leaving it to his staff to provide pain management recommendations and, after I asked, Physical Therapy

|  Daughters Neck Surgery 23 years ago  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

I have to make a comment here about Dr. Nottingham because I feel he and my chiropractor saved my daughters life 23 years ago. My chiropractor discovered at age 14 that she had a broken neck and we don't know how it happened or when, very shocking news. He sent us to Dr. Nottingham so she could be evaluated and the result was that she should have a C1/C2 fusion or live with the fear that at any time she could have a simple accident and become paralyzed or die. We as a family decided on the 7 hour surgery, although there were serious risks with that. Which was paralysis or brain damage, how do you make that kind of choice, well my daughter said I don't want to live in fear my entire life so we did the surgery. He even spent time shaving her head so it was nicely done and she still kept her long hair, very caring man. That was the longest day of our life but it was successful and she came out perfect with no damage at all. She is now 37 years old, married with 4 boys. I can't say enough about what Dr. Nottingham did for our daughter.....I feel he saved her life. Something we have never forgotten after all these years!

|  Great First Impression  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2011

I was extremely happy with the overall experience with Dr. Nottingham and his staff. The Dr. spent a tremendous amount of time explaining what he saw in my MRI and X Ray and gave me a fantastic perspective and explanation in terms that I could understand. I felt as though I knew much more about my overall condition and feel very confident in future care from him and his wonderful staff.

|  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

Dr. Nattingham take he's time to talk to you and Know's what you really need I have 2 surgery's with Dr. Nattingham and I am very please with Hi'm.

|  unethical  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2010

his expertise is big money disk replacement. He will tell you that you are a candidate until the insurance disagrees then he will drop you. I wasted 9 months of my life during this time my condition and pain increased to the point of not able to do my daily routine. He doesn't listen to you and misses important facts about your condition. I would not recommend this doctor.