Dr. Uyen Tran MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

October 20th, 2016
Fantastic Doctor
I just had cataract and implant surgery by Dr Tran. She was the best. She gave excellent details and I have perfect vision.

March 7th, 2016
Excellent cataract surgery outcome.

July 22nd, 2013
The first appointment I scheduled, I got in right away and was pleased about that. I felt like the exam was very thorough and that she was very qualified and professional. There was something I couldn't define that made me less than totally confident. The next appointment 6 months later, I felt more comfortable and secure with her expertise. At my next and recent 6 months appointment I was called on the day before and told that Dr. Tran had an emergency and that the appointment was cancelled and needed to be rescheduled. I called and rescheduled for the next Friday afternoon, one week later, again scheduled my leave from work and went to the appointment. After checking in, paying my co-pay, and waiting for about ten minutes, someone came out and called me and told me that I would have to reschedule, due to the clinic being cancelled. She said someone had tried to call me to cancel the appointment .NO ONE had called me this second time, and the staff could not produce any evidence of it .It seemed to me that Dr. Tran just did not want to see patients on Friday afternoons, but someone in her office had made me an appointment, and no one had called to notify me that she was not having clinic that day. I decided that twice was an indication enough that there was another doctor out there better to suit my needs, so I decline to reschedule again.

January 20th, 2013
Do not recommend
Overall very disappointing experience. Long wait for appointment. Not so great bedside manners possibly due to lack of time for each patient. Unprofessional presentation for a physician-white coat and name tag are absent. Not careful in obtaining patients past medical history which is key in making a correct diagnosis. Quick wrong decisions one after another in our situation led to delay in treatment and put my child at risk of loosing her vision! Took almost 3 weeks to make a correct diagnosis in our case and probably would take longer had I myself suggest specific additional testing. Good thing I have a medical background myself. Feel sorry for patients totally dependent on physician's opinion. Very disappointing experience. Do not recommend.

June 27th, 2012
Unhappy Patient
Overall..very unhappy with Dr. Tran!! I would suggest going else where!!!

January 31st, 2012
Excellent
Not sure why all the low ratings, she treated my husband very well. He had very complicated issues involving his auto immune disease. She is quite competent is diagnosis. Surgery was flawless and follow up was a breeze. Vanderbilt is a BIG place with lots of patients, so wait times can be long at times.