inactive

Uzzi Reiss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

August 22nd, 2016
Dr Reiss is caring, very smart, never condescending, practical and very caring. He has helped me immensely and is the first doctor I feel I can trust for guidance.

July 10th, 2016
Stay Away!!!
This office will charge you thousands of dollars in and lie about their fees to your face. My pharmacist warned me about Dr. Reiss as a known scam and snake oil salesman. I should have listened to the pharmacist and read online reviews of a doctor with such terrible reputation.

June 20th, 2016
Forward thinking, and Ahead of his Time.
Genius. I am a rare, challenging genetic type. This man saved my life.

November 30th, 2015
The Best OB/GYN? Hormone Expert and Author
Dr. Uzzi Reiss delivered my son 30 years ago. He has excellent customer service and offers the type of quality care money can't buy. Fast forward to 2015. This mother is now menopausal. I took bio hormone supplements for years before coming across Dr. Reiss's book. His book is the best I have read on hormones. His book is for every women. He covers every aspect of hormones beginning with young women and the stages of development that include, ovulation, pregnancy, hard to conceive issues, fibroids, ovarian issues, loss of hormones, and how each bio hormone can support female issues. He is simply a compassionate man who knows and cares about women. Even though he is in Beverly Hills, he used to also serve poor women in Los Angeles. He treats every patient with kindness and dignity. Can't say enough about this man.

February 6th, 2015
RUN, DON'T WALK AWAY, RUN AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR! I was a patient of Dr. Uzzi Reiss for nine years. I received hormones from him over those years. His consultations were brief and non-informing. I was evaluated for an ovarian cyst by another doctor, through the tests he did, it was found that uterus was thickening at an alarming rate due to the high levels of estrogen I was directed to take by Dr. Reiss. I was sent to another hormone Dr. who helped me to reverse it. I was lucky! If it had not been discovered and had continued my primary doctor said my chances of uterine cancer were100%.

January 23rd, 2015
Dr. Uzzi Reiss has helped me so much with the dreaded Menopause! I am on bio identical hormones now and enjoying life again. I would recommended him to anyone searching for answers and help with menopause.

June 7th, 2013
He stopped being a caring MD I once knew!
Dr. R. Delivered both my daughters before switching his scope of practice. He used to return calls, listened carefully to you and would allow you time to discuss questions about lab tests or the treatment plan. After $3000.00 later which did not include the $500.+ initial consult or the $475.00 follow up visit (which my insurance paid very little because Dr. R. fees were way beyond the customary charges! ) I would expect the very least a return call or response to an email. It has also been extremely distressing when he keeps repeating the same conversation every visit. The lab test were outrageously expensive and found out later that some tests were not FDA approved! ( unfortunately that one was $1860.00! I will not return to his office and has severed my relationship with that office. It seems it is now all about money not the patient.

September 8th, 2012
He's a PRO.
Dr. Reiss handled my issues in 1990 and 2000 and now in 2012. He is resourceful, on top of his game, he writes books, lectures and can easily diagnose hormonal issues. Expensive, sure. Priceless, Absolutely.

October 13th, 2011
great lovely man
i went to see dr reiss today for the first time, i had no trouble getting an appt and the staff was lovely and explained alot of things to me in great detail, also joked and were sweet. he was lovely, i was crying and upset because of he onset of menopausal symptoms i have been suffering from, all new to me, and not at all pleasant. he explained so many things to me and was patient while i took notes. he was very comforting as well. i am excited to work with him and to learn about hormone treatments available to me, thru him ! totally positive experience

June 4th, 2011
Useless
this doctor is pretty good at explaining hormonal issues in the books and write ups but he should definitely not see any clients . He is easily confused and most of the time has no clue who you are even if you went to his office for years ! His staff is so rude that is almost comical and they lose so many clines , but I don't think they have any clue .I know dr Reiss for over 20 years and I have to say people in the know do not go there anymore, when I went to him first he was only game in town but now there is to many good doctors you do not need to subject yourself to doctor who is so disorganized and lacking In most basic follow up procedures that can inevitably do you more harm than good

February 4th, 2011
QUACK!
This guy will screw up your hormones - he will talk down to you so don't actually have a brain and ask intelligent questions if you go to him because he will only respond in disgust. i went from having a perfectly good 29 day cycle to having a cycle of over 40 days - no period - no ovulation. when i tried to get answers from him i was only allowed to ask one question at a time to his nurse who would then ask him and then i would wait 2 days to get an answer - and if i wanted to talk to him i had to make an appointment for $400 - so he screws me up and then i am left in the dark so to get more answers i have to pay more money and then after he messes me up again i have to pay another $400. I went to him because he was on Oprah and i thought well he must be good but i didn't do enough research and i should have known how he was being condescending with a smile to me at the first session that he was just a big know it all who knew nothing. i seriously sense that his staff is afraid of him. DO NOT LET HIM GET HIS HANDS ON YOU - mark my words, you will be sorry. do your research and be your own best doctor - hormones are tricky - just don't believe someone when they suggest to take an overabundance of hormones. He didn't care about my case - only my money.

February 3rd, 2011
I think the man's a genius
My experience with Dr. Reiss has been a blessing. He ran some tests after asking me a ton of questions and found out that I was borderline diabetic. I follow what he tells me to do to a T, and I feel so much better, there's no comparison. I lost 12 pounds, I'm taking the bioidentical estrogen so I'm sleeping again, no more hot flashes, and my general mood is brighter. He is very expensive, and it's true he's not able to spend an excessive amount of time with you. But for me, I didn't need every single lab result explained to me in detail, I just wanted to know the basic facts and what I should do. Hope that helps.