Dr. Uzma Faheem MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

October 8th, 2016
Best doctor
She is the most caring and passionate physician. Takes time to listen and discuss every issue in detail. I have been her pt for many years.

August 4th, 2016
Awful doctor
Worst doctor I have ever had. Would take two weeks to fill my prescription after continually harassing the staff that I was running out of medication. Every time I would run out of medication because she would mess up my prescription and put a different patient's medication as mine. Was taking another patient's medication for 2 months. Never going back to her.

May 24th, 2016
These reviews could not be more accurate. I had a traumatizing experience with Dr Faheem, and became increasingly worse under her care. She was IMPOSSIBLE to schedule appointments with or contact - the office never answers calls and rarely calls back if you leave a message. I was forced to miss weeks of medication at a time as she failed to send in refill requests or verify them with the drug store each time they ran out, no matter how many times I proactively called in to ask and make sure that they would be ready when I needed them. Every refill and appointment was stressful enough to make me want to pull my hair out, and at least one thing went wrong every single time. She made me cry multiple times including the very first time we met, and left me balling in the waiting room after refusing to see me or accept my insurance (randomly after I had been seeing her for months and NEVER switched insurances). They charged me $550 and kept seeing me with no intention of letting me know that my insurance was supposedly no longer covering the visits. The only reason I found out about this was because I asked the receptionist if I owed any money from one missed appointment. She then informed me that I owed them $550 and couldn't provide me with any information with as to why. After countless arguments and phone calls with the receptionist, insurance, and hospital, it turns out Dr F was wrong, and had to pay me back all the money. She was VERY rude throughout this whole process, yelled at me over the phone, and also refused to provide me with medical documentation for my university professors. I was only able to obtain my medical records after my mom called and DEMANDED them. Each visit was less than 10 minutes long and more than once she said "enough - i do not need all these details I am not your therapist" when i was trying to describe my symptoms. She did not care about me or my health AT ALL, and had no sympathy. After the insurance mistake and refusal to give me medical documentation she called and demanded that I find a new psychiatrist. She rarely looked up from her computer during appointments, and asked the same questions over making me repeat myself because she wasn't listening. Even after repeating myself multiple times, she would read out her notes to verify the information and STILL have written it down incorrectly- often documenting the exact OPPOSITE of what I had said. This includes writing down medications I had previously taken incorrectly aka she could have seriously misdiagnosed / prescribed me with a dangerous pill and never have known.

February 8th, 2016
pill pusher

January 25th, 2016
Rude and mistrustful
Dr. Lateef is wonderful. Unfortunately his partner Dr. Faheem is just the opposite. I don't know if she is just unhappy in general or hates all people who happen to need mental health. I don't know how Lateef can work with this woman for so long and not be suicidal. I will not be able to keep seeing Lateef unfortunately because of her. She should be diagnosed and not diagnosing.

July 14th, 2015
Don't Waste Your Money
Miss diagnosed and she does not listen to anything you have to say. I left in worse condition than when I started!

April 20th, 2015
Avoid
Terrible with follow up calls, impossible to get a hold of. Pushes painkillers, does not discuss real issues with her patients.

January 23rd, 2015
Worst doctor ever
If I could rate 0, I would.

May 14th, 2014
Mr
Ecllent doc in town...very approachable with pleasent personality. She has correct diagnosis and very good treatment

March 21st, 2013
If you are looking for another pill pushing psychiatrist who does not truly care about her patients, then look no further. She books her appointments back to back by 10-15 minutes and does not seem to want you in her office for more than 5 minutes. Forget getting her to respond to you via phone if you have any questions. Her staff is just as rude with the exception of Tammy the administrative assistant.

November 28th, 2012
Excellent physician and very good personality. She is very approachable.

October 6th, 2012
Very hateful and non-professional doctor!
This doctor recently was assigned to my child when he/she (prefer to be anonymous) was admitted to WakeMed after a drug overdose. This doctor treated myself and my family with the most disrespect I've every encountered in a hospital! My child has a mental illness which is very difficult to deal with but I've tried all I can to educate myself and family on how to best help her and others around her with it. Why would a PSYCHIATRIST of ALL DOCTORS behave towards family at this difficult time and in this manner??? She knows we have been greatly traumatized and yet she traumatized ALL of us even more! Trust me....this doctor DOES NOT deserve to practice - especially PSYCHIATRY! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR YOURSELF or LOVED ONE!