Dr. Uzma Zafar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

November 10th, 2016
Stay Away
I can honestly say I don't understand the positive reviews of Dr. Zafar. Seeing words like compassionate, friendly, and empathetic used to describe her is shocking. My experience with her couldn't be described with any of those words as I found her cold and ill-mannered. She doesn't listen and doesn't seem like she really wants to help at all. A truly terrible experience and I would not recommend her to anyone.

May 17th, 2016
always massively late. standard pill pusher.

February 25th, 2016
Outstanding doctor, compassionate and friendly. Has a great sense of humor and puts you at ease immediately. I felt heard and understood and most of all " normal" . She is very knowledgeable and up to date with the latest medications. I was offered gene testing which clarified why I was so sensitive to medications . Apparently I lacked an enzyme which was necessary to metabolize my medication. Based on that, my medication was changed and two months down, I feel better , my mood has uplifted and I m back to work! I can t thank her enough!

August 28th, 2015
DANGEROUS DOCTOR! BEWARE!
NO FOLLOW UP! TERRIBLE DANGEROUS, DANGEROUS DOCTOR. RUN AWAY.

June 29th, 2015
The Best Psychiatrist in Nevada !! Very thorough and professional. Makes you feel "normal and human". I would recommend her to anyone who wants to get their life back together again.

June 19th, 2015
Brilliant Psychiatrist
Dr. Zafar's focus on what I say as evidenced by her accurate restatement is outstanding. I feel heard. Completely. Her comments and questions are incisive--brilliant. I have seen many psychiatrists for 30 years now and she is the best ever.

April 4th, 2015
Excellent personality and extremely knowledgeable

December 4th, 2014
Best psychiatrist in Las Vegas !!
I have been seeing Dr Zafar since 2 years and have referred her to many friends and colleagues who were in search of someone who cares and listens to their problems. Her staff is very efficient and polite. The office atmosphere is very welcoming and her average wait time is 15 min, much less than the hour long waiting times I was used to in the past. It s difficult to get the first appointment since she is quite busy but once you ve been seen, the follow up appointments are easy and early. I am stable on my meds now and working full time , thanks to her timely intervention and attention to my symptoms and accurate diagnosis. Thanks Dr Z !

October 11th, 2014
Finally!! someone who listens!!
I have been seeing doctors since a very young age and my experience has been nothing but disappointing. I always feel doctors are rushed and treat you like numbers but not Dr Z. She is very patient and empathic and most of all she listens!! I felt she really cared and her professionalism and pleasant demeanor was very refreshing. Not to say her expertise in her field was par excellence. I would most certainly refer her to anyone who has given up on finding a doctor who cares. This one is for real !

Awesome doctor
Thorough and kind. Never forgets to ask me about my family and pets!! I feel like I m seeing a family member and look forward to seeing her. Professional, smart and considerate, gives more time than any psychiatrist I have ever seen. Make your bookings now, good doctors are hard to find.

Confident and smart
I was referred by a friend to see Dr Z and was very apprehensive at first but the minute I saw her I knew I was in good hands. From the manner she greeted me, personally came out to the waiting room and took me to her office, from her confident hand shake to warm, kind eyes, I was ready to discuss my problems with her. She listened attentively and at the end when she gave me a recap of what I had discussed with her all I could say was " that s right doc, you got me completely , that s my life in a nutshell" For the first time I felt heard and validated . From there on we discussed treatment management , went over the benefits and side effects and course of treatment. I felt very hopeful and am looking forward to getting my life back together again.

The Best Docyor in Henderson
She is the most detailed psychiatrist I have ever met in my lifetime. I m so used to seeing doctors pushed for time and yet she went over my allotted time till I was satisfied with all my questions. Not only is she pretty ,she is polite, kind, compassionate and smart , a combination very rate to find these days . She hooked me up with the right therapist as well and did the appropriate tests needed for my diagnosis . She spoke to my primary care and discussed my case. I felt cared for and in truly good hands. 3 months fown I m feeling much better and back to work . Thanks Dr Z, you saved my life !!