Dr. Vagisha Sharma MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 18th, 2017
Excellent Doctor !
Dr. Sharma is excellent doctor. Had very good experience with her and her office. definitely recommend her.

June 20th, 2017
AVOID THIS DOCTOR!
DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR! I waited for months to be covered by insurance so I could finally get an IUD. I found Dr. Sharma through ZocDoc and our initial consultation went like this: I told her I wanted the ParaGaurd IUD because I've had crazy complications with hormonal birth controls in the past. She convinced me that the Mirena would be best for me, even though I told her my body rejected the Mirena ten years ago, and I was very confident I wanted the ParaGaurd. She talked to me for 20 minutes about how Mirena is much better, patients are happier, I will have easier periods, etc. Her bedside manner is great, and it was clear she had a favorite IUD to work with, so I finally obliged. When checking out with receptionist LENA, I was very adamant that I would ONLY schedule the IUD insertion if my insurance covered the Mirena IUD in full. I gave her all my insurance information and told her that under NO circumstance would I get the IUD if it wasn't covered by insurance. LENA called me later that day to tell me the great news: my insurance will cover the IUD 100%. I STILL HAVE THAT VOICEMAIL ON MY PHONE. I came back the following week and was forced to sign a paper that said that, should my insurance not cover parts of my procedure, I would be responsible for the remaining bill. I told LENA I would not sign, but she assured me that she verified that I was 100% covered and would have to sign the form to have the procedure done. A few weeks later, I received a $1,395 bill from her office. Apparently, it was NOT covered. I called the office numerous times and didn’t get a call back. I finally went into the office, where LENA offered a copy of their office’s “verification form” that she used when “verifying” with Aetna that my procedure would be free. On this form, in her own handwriting, she writes “No Copay, No Deductible” and “100%” by the procedure codes. By looking at the paper, one would think that Aetna messed up, so I contacted Aetna. Aetna reviewed the conversations and stated that, in fact, the Aetna representative told LENA that I was NOT COVERED AT ALL. LENA either heard it wrong or blatantly misled me. Either way, Aetna did not accept my appeal because they found no fault on their end, and concluded this was an obvious office error. I relayed this information to LENA, and she told me not to worry about the bill— she would “figure something out”. I told her I was leaving the country for a few months, but she could email me with any updates to the situation. I even called the office once a month and left a messages asking LENA to follow up with me. She never followed up. When I returned from my trip, I had a bill from COLLECTIONS waiting for me! LENA sent the bill to collections! This is beyond unethical. My credit score is now hurting because of the negligence of the receptionist. They admitted no fault at all, and I am currently out $1,500 (bill of $1,395 plus collection fee)! Furthermore, I come to find out that the Mirena itself cost $1,250, but the ParaGaurd that I wanted would have only been $70. I was completely up-sold, misled, and then avoided. Further exposing their inattention to detail, I just received a “friendly reminder” to book a follow-up appointment, where they misspelled both my first and last name. Simply put, this office does not care about their patients. They are disorganized, unethical, and not to be trusted!

November 27th, 2015
Highly recommend
We had a very good experience. Excellent doctor and very pleasant staff. Will definitely recommend! she answered all our queries in detail. Highly knowledgeable doctor.

October 11th, 2013
Awesome.. One word
We blessed with triplets... She took care of me from day 1.. Felt not just professional.. Me and my husband felt so much personal care... Highly recommend for any complex pregnancies. She made our life easy when we highly needed. No complaints on office staff or appointments.

September 10th, 2013
I wouldn't recommend to anyone
She talks very well. I like the way she explains how things can affect life. However, I had at least 4 instances where she gave me incorrect information. One mistake is fine. But 4.. in the case of a doctor, I think, is big. She was my ob/gyn when I delivered my baby. As someone else said, she tried to deliver my baby even before I and the baby were ready for it. She scared me off saying that I will have a big baby, when I had one almost 3 pounds lesser than expected. She tried to lure me into having a C-Section. The way she explained the disadvantages of a normal birth, I felt that she prefers to do a C-Section. Also, she told that she scheduled us an induction, just 3 days before. She measures my pelvis and says it looks good. In another visit, she says it's too narrow. They gave wrong details about prerequisites for lab work. They say that they take blood sample at the clinic for the glucose test, and gave me the orange juice. After waiting for an hour, they say that it has to be done at labcorp. Also, they never inform well in advance if the doctor is not at the clinic for a day. At least that could have saved me a trip to the hospital. After I delivered my baby, she looked at my breasts and said that they were engorged, and asked me to pump, else I could have a fever. But milk has not set in for another month after this. Finally she didn't deliver my baby. It was another doctor. I cannot say she is a bad doctor. But I definitely cannot recommend her to my friends. I would suggest thinking twice before going to her.

June 14th, 2013
Sharma is an excellent doctor with lot of experience with high risk pregnancies. My 2 pregnancies were very complicated with risk of preterm but Sharma with her care , proactive treatment and experience made me go successfully till 39 weeks with at most care. I recommend her to for any one who want to have a risk free and happy pregnency

June 7th, 2013
Very good care
I had first consulted dr Sharma for a surgery opinion and was pleasantly surprised and impressed with her very honest opinion. Later I went to her for my pregnancy and had good exp thru out. Her sono technician Dixie is super awesome and dr Sharma always finds time to come on phone or squeeze in an apt if needed. You can honestly discuss your concerns and work out what is best for u and baby . She always keeps the safety of mom and baby highest.

May 23rd, 2013
Wrong diagnosis
One of the worst treatment ever had in my life. She didn't listen to any of my problem. We decided to change the doctor and requested her staff to forward all the medical records. It took 4 weeks for them to transfer my records. They have mentioned saying that I had a polycystic ovary and treated with Metformin. We did not know about PCOD and I never took medicine also for PCOD.

February 6th, 2013
Very Professional
Dr Vagisha is a very professional, kind and caring doctor. She is very upfront and very good in her field. She performed the robotic hysterectomy on me few months ago. It was a pretty tough surgery for her because my uterus was really big with multiple fibroids. She worked very hard to make sure she didn't have to make any abdominal incision. The staff in the office are also very kind and helpful. Dr.Sharma was excellent with post op procedures and was calling me all the time to make sure I recovered well, I would give Dr.Sharma the best rating there can ever be. God Bless her.

July 26th, 2012
Dr. Vagisha is a wonderful Doctor, but the front office staff is not very helpful/courteous.

July 20th, 2012
Great doctor
I recently had Robotic hysterectomy with Doctor Sharma. All I have to say is she was so wonderful and kind and patient with whole process. I was so scared and apprehensive. I had agood experience I am so thankful to her.

June 1st, 2012
Happy happy
I was totally blank when I got pregnant.it was my first pregnancy so I wanted a doctor who will guide me through out..dr sharma was an angel for me.i had thyroid and gestational diabetes also.i was quite upset as my pregnancy was in risk.bt dr sharma was building my confidence every time...she handled all thing so smoothly ...in 36 weeks my fluid level dropped so it was another risk...I always wanted to go for vaginal delivery...in spite of so many critical conditions at last I delivered normally with the help of dr sharma..she was really concerned for the baby....only I can say she is very practical.....and caring ..