Dr. Vajira Gunawardane MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 6th, 2013
These can't be recent reviews, have a look on the ENTIRE-net. The high ratings must be Dr. G's, employees the low ratings are the experience you'll have. I was referred by his wife as most of us are (which IS against the law) & I AM treated the same way. The receptionist is rude & unprofessional, I wait for 55 min. in the waiting room, & 20 min. in the back. If he does come (3x I've been handed off to "Ashley" whoever she is)..he doesn't wash his hands, takes calls, asks me questions but doesn't listen to my replies, & his treatment for everything..shots at the center HE owns. I've been a patient for 6 months and I still don't know why I'm in pain... I called to refill a prescription, the receptionist LIED to me saying "we never fax prescriptions to pharmacies, you have to come to the office" What?? ALL of my medications get faxed, I've never had to go to the office. I live in PA it'll be 4 days before I can get there I WORK & have physical therapy. I'm going to tell them face to face why I am firing them!!

January 4th, 2010
If you don't have insurance this man will not help you. He has very poor bedside manner. I wouldn't have him examine my dog. Horrible experience.

November 8th, 2008
Dr. Gunawardane
Dr. Gunawardane has assisted in decreasing levels of pain that I had experienced in head, neck back and tongue. With three treaments Dr. Gunawaardane succeeded in dealing with a burning tongue that was not allowing me to enjoy either foods or beverages. After the procedure I was able to injest food without fear of the burning. It was well-worthwhile to go through the initial pain of the procedure to reach the point where I could eat without fear of any burning that had become past history. In the procedure room Dr. G works with his well-trained team. They all have jobs to do, but someone, if at all possible will offer a hand to squeeze to have the kind touch that we need espcially during a painful technique.