Dr. Vajira Gunawardane Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Vajira Gunawardane?

Poor bedside manner

Posted on October 5th, 2017

Treats patients by demeaning them if they ask for anesthesia for proccedures that will be painful but short. It will slow him down so he told me "don't be a baby. I had a college girl here yesterday for the same procedure. She said it didn't hurt a bit." It hurt a lot. He says he will give you Percocet prior to procedure. Five minutes prior, when it hasn't had any chance to work, he gives you the percocet. His procedures work, but he is not pleasant. You must drive to his office to get prescriptions, get referrals from his wife, and he disappears for months at a time.

Best of the best!

Posted on June 6th, 2017

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Vajira Gunawardane. He has been my physician for almost a decade and in my opinion he is the very BEST of the BEST. I trust him implicitly. I am 68 years old and I have a complex history of numerous spine and joint problems dating back many years and until I met Dr. G, I had pretty much resigned myself to struggling to get through each day in the best manner that I could. This included having to use a wheel chair or lofstrand crutches to get around safely for over 12 years (because of pain and balance problems which resulted in frequent falls) - that is until Dr. G came into my life. I met him through a wonderful physical therapist who was treating me for severe contractures and spasms which had occurred after aberrant nerve regeneration from a major palsy. Upon initial examination and evaluation he stated that he felt he could definitely help me. He established a treatment plan, explained the important aspects and provided me with written information. He is always reassuring, very caring and patient with me throughout each treatment. He has an exceptional team of medical professionals and staff that think very highly of him and emulate his high values to his patients. His goal has always been to reduce my pain (without the use of narcotics or opiates), return me to a level of mobility and independence, and improve the quality of my life. And he has succeeded. My body does however, continue to occasionally act up, requiring additional treatment - but Dr. Gunawardane is always there to make it better "one pain at a time." His methods of treatment successfully remove the impediments and limitations created by being in constant pain and have allowed me the freedom to get on with my life. He is continually reevaluating his treatment methods to include new state of the art techniques and information to ensure all of his patients and I receive the very best care possible. I admire him so much and think he is amazing because he has dedicated his life to helping each of his patients to live pain free so they can get back to fully enjoying their lives. He is and will always be my TOP DOC! I am so very grateful that he has become a valued part of my life.

Posted on December 6th, 2013

These can't be recent reviews, have a look on the ENTIRE-net. The high ratings must be Dr. G's, employees the low ratings are the experience you'll have. I was referred by his wife as most of us are (which IS against the law) & I AM treated the same way. The receptionist is rude & unprofessional, I wait for 55 min. in the waiting room, & 20 min. in the back. If he does come (3x I've been handed off to "Ashley" whoever she is)..he doesn't wash his hands, takes calls, asks me questions but doesn't listen to my replies, & his treatment for everything..shots at the center HE owns. I've been a patient for 6 months and I still don't know why I'm in pain... I called to refill a prescription, the receptionist LIED to me saying "we never fax prescriptions to pharmacies, you have to come to the office" What?? ALL of my medications get faxed, I've never had to go to the office. I live in PA it'll be 4 days before I can get there I WORK & have physical therapy. I'm going to tell them face to face why I am firing them!!

Dr. Gunawardane is the BEST doctor I have ever been to, and I have to a lot!

Posted on February 17th, 2012

Posted on January 4th, 2010

If you don't have insurance this man will not help you. He has very poor bedside manner. I wouldn't have him examine my dog. Horrible experience.

Dr. Gunawardane

Posted on November 9th, 2008

Dr. Gunawardane has assisted in decreasing levels of pain that I had experienced in head, neck back and tongue. With three treaments Dr. Gunawaardane succeeded in dealing with a burning tongue that was not allowing me to enjoy either foods or beverages. After the procedure I was able to injest food without fear of the burning. It was well-worthwhile to go through the initial pain of the procedure to reach the point where I could eat without fear of any burning that had become past history. In the procedure room Dr. G works with his well-trained team. They all have jobs to do, but someone, if at all possible will offer a hand to squeeze to have the kind touch that we need espcially during a painful technique.

Posted on April 16th, 2016