Learn more about Dr. Val Sheffield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sheffield
Autism Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about autism, and symptoms of autistic children such as communication, social and routine behavior problems.Before Visiting Dr. Sheffield Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Val Sheffield, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.) and Clinical Molecular Genetics.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Bardet-Biedl Syndrome
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Deletion
- Chromosome Disorders
- Extra finger or toe (Polydactyly)
- Genetic Disorders (Inborn Genetic Diseases)
- Hereditary Optic Atrophies
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Mental Retardation
- Multiple Abnormalities
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
Education & Awards
Dr. Sheffield graduated from University of Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Sheffield has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
- Covenant Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Val Cowley Sheffield MD is a male Medical Geneticist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Clinical Genetics, M.D., and Clinical Molecular Genetics.
- Where does Dr. Val C. Sheffield practice?
- Dr. Val Sheffield has 1 office location.
Dr. Val Sheffield practices Clinical Genetics, M.D., and Clinical Molecular Genetics near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Geneticists.