Learn more about Dr. Val Sheffield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sheffield
Infertility Patient Education Our infertility patient education guide explains reasons, diagnosis and treatments to increase chances of fertility.Before Visiting Dr. Sheffield Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Val Sheffield, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.) and Clinical Molecular Genetics.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Bardet-Biedl Syndrome
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Deletion
- Chromosome Disorders
- Extra finger or toe (Polydactyly)
- Genetic Disorders (Inborn Genetic Diseases)
- Hereditary Optic Atrophies
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Macular Degeneration
- Mental Retardation
- Multiple Abnormalities
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
Education & Awards
Dr. Sheffield graduated from University of Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Sheffield has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
- Covenant Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Val Cowley Sheffield MD is a male Medical Geneticist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Clinical Genetics, M.D., and Clinical Molecular Genetics.
- Where does Dr. Val C. Sheffield practice?
- Dr. Val Sheffield has 1 office location.
Dr. Val Sheffield practices Clinical Genetics, M.D., and Clinical Molecular Genetics near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Geneticists.