Dr. Valerie Goldburt MD, PHD, FAAD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

May 30th, 2017
Awful experience! Awful experience!
Dr. goldburts assistant called to tell me there were no cancer cells found in my biopsy. Great. I asked for a copy of the pathology report, and lo and behold, I had skin cancer! Dr. Goldburt didn't even look at my report! Sloppy, shoddy, and downright dangerous. Stay away!

September 7th, 2016
Dr. Goldburt has the rare find combination of excellent medical skills along with a very compassionate heart. She knows how to listen to a patient's needs and responds in a way that instills confidence in her. She does above and beyond!!! She is extremely easy to relate to which is so important when you are opening up yourself to a doctor. The surgery she performed on a growth on my forehead came out beautiful!!! I would highly recommend Dr. Valerie Goldburt to anyone in need of a dermatologist!!!!!

February 21st, 2016
I recently returned to Dr. Goldburt's care for treatment of a new & rapidly growing lesion on my neck. I arrived at her office 10 minutes early and was taken to the treatment room right on time. Within a minute the PA came in for a few preliminary questions. Dr. Goldburt entered the treatment room just moments after the PA had left. She asked what my concerns were and after a focused & thorough examination she said she would remove it. She explained she would numb it by injection and then remove it and some surrounding tissue. I felt the injection but nothing else. It was removed and dressed in moments. She advised me on wound care and explained it would be sent to their lab for a pathology report. Instead of just leaving, she reviewed with me my prior history of treatment and asked if anything else needed attention. I asked her to take a look at few things. She examined all the areas of interest and treated them as needed. Dr. Goldburt has consistently demonstrated her professionalism by being punctual, focused and thorough. She is an excellent listener too. Moreover, although I have return to her office several times to address medical issues, she has never sought to market or promote me for cosmetic procedures which may be considered appropriate for people in my age group. I trust her knowledge and skill. I feel comfortable with her as a caring medical provider. If the "Epi-Dermis" is the top layer of skin then I would label Dr. Goldburt as an "Epi-Dermatologist" because she has consistently demonstrated to me she is tops in her profession.

July 24th, 2015
Dr g is a wonderful caring professional dr.

October 1st, 2014
Propecia
Excellent dermatologist and person! I would not go to any other after having found her. She definitely changed my life in such a way it would be impossible to forget. I have noticed that I was slowly losing my hair over the course of a couple of years. Specifically, I was starting to notice spaces on the top of my head and I had a lot of breakage at the temple area. Without me mentioning this, Dr. Goldburt saw this for herself and offered her help. So basically, she went above and beyond. She recommended propecia for me, which honestly, I was very skeptical about considering my disappointment with everything else I tried that didn't work. Well, I gave it a try and took the pill religiously (still do to this day) and within 6 months I had an amazing full head of hair again. I was stunned by the results and could not believe it. Perhaps it is possible it won't work for everyone but it absolutely worked for me. She was absolutely right. I am so happy with the results and how this has positively affected my life and confidence. All of my trust lies in her for all future dermatological needs. Thank you Dr. Goldburt.

August 16th, 2013
So lucky I found Dr. G
Dr. Goldburt is such a kind, compassionate and thorough physician. What I like about her is that she is very knowledgeable and she actually cares about the person as a whole and their life-not just what she is treating in the moment. I have been a patient of hers for 5 years now and she still gives me the same amount of time and care as if it were the first time I saw her. Her staff at the East Setauket office are very accommodating and friendly. They remember who you are which is a personal touch that is missing from many offices nowadays. It is very rare to find a Dr. like Dr. G. I would highly recommend anyone to see her if you are looking for a Dermatologist who really pays attention to details and makes sure her patients get the proper treatment for whatever ailment they are facing. She is also super smart and very sweet.

May 29th, 2013
EXCELLENT DOCTOR
IVE BEEN TO SEE VALERIE ABOUT 12 TO 15 TIMES, SHES SO NICE , SHE HAS BECOME MY FRIEND, A REALLY NICE GIRL WHO IS EXTREMELY INTELECTUAL, EXCELLENT BEDSIDE MANNOR, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND HER!!!

April 19th, 2013
Thoughtful and professional physician
I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Goldburt. I can't say enough good things about her as a physician. My young daughter had a very large, elevated and red keloid from a surgical scar on her upper chest. She was so incredibly nervous about the whole procedure, but Dr. Goldburt and her staff of caring and personable assistants were so thoughtful to her that they put her at ease. And the results have been remarkable. Dr. Goldburt's friendly and professional attention to detail are very reassuring and since then I have referred other members of my family and friends to her. The wait for an appointment is right on time and Dr. Goldburt is extremely accommodating. It is obvious to me that her main concern is a patient's well being.

April 11th, 2013
Patient
My family and I have seen Dr. Goldburt for several years and found her to be extraordinarily personable and fully invested in her patients. Unlike many doctors I’ve seen or heard about, Dr. Goldburt is always well prepared the minute she walks into the examination room. She has always gone out of her way to listen to our concerns/symptoms and never makes us feel rushed. We have absolute confidence and trust in her and her superb staff and have happily recommended her to many of our friends and neighbors, who have also raved about her professionalism and level of care. However, what sets her apart for me from so many other medical professionals, along with her ivy league education, is her sincerity and the personal care she has extended to my wife and I. Having recently been diagnosed with a serious medical condition Dr. Goldburt showed extraordinary compassion to my wife and I, explaining my condition in the simplest of terms and offering to answer any questions we had while providing us with twenty four hour a day direct access to her. I can't fully express how much her warmth and dedication have meant to us. I highly recommend her and her staff.

April 8th, 2013
Social Worker
Dr. Goldburt is more than doctor., she is my Guardian Angel, who came from heaven. She has helped me to look at the world in a different perspective. She gave me an ample amount of confidence about myself. Thanks to Dr. Goldburt, I can serve my clients better and focus on my work better. She has helped me to get better physically and emotionally. Dr. Goldburt gave me her undivided attention. She has been very kind to me. I look forward seeing her. I travel more than an hour to see her, because of her personality and professionalism.

April 2nd, 2013
I went to Dr. Goldburt as a recommendation from my daughter who is a physician. She was extremely thorough and found a suspicious lesion on my back. I informed her that I was leaving the country soon and she was able to biopsy the lesion and do a complete in office resection prior to my trip and get the results back to me quickly. I have since sent my entire family to her for various things. We are all very pleased with her professional nature and diagnostic skills. I would highly recommend her.

April 2nd, 2013
patient
I have been a patient now for 6 months and my skin has never looked this good in years.I had several treatments done and Dr. Goldburt is 2nd to none compared to other Dermatologists i have used in the past.She has removed growths and months later you can not even tell where they were.In the past i was butchered by other dermatologists and now have nasty keloids and Dr. Goldburt even treated those areas and they are a 1000% times better.I have also had several chemical peels and highly recommend them,Dr.G was was so aware of my comfort and every procedure is virtually pain free,which i don't know how she does it but her technique is flawless and my results are exquisite.She is also very personable and friendly and absolutely does not rush in and out,if she did i would not have gone back.My laser result were outstanding and im now a believer in laser,before i was a skeptic not anymore.Dr. Goldburt knows her craft and knows it well.I can't stop recommending her and thats something i rarely do..Thanks Dr. G