A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Valerie Johnson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Valerie Johnson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Valerie Johnson, MD, PHD is board certified in Pediatric Nephrology.
- She has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Adolescent Medicine
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Primary Headache Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Johnson graduated from Cornell University, New York. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Johnson has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Johnson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 12 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 4 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Valerie L. Johnson practice?
Dr. Valerie Johnson practices Pediatric Nephrology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Huntington Woods, MI and Southfield, MI.
See New York Nephrologists.