Dr. Valerie Knudsen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

April 12th, 2016
OB Pregnancy
She was terrible I was in labor for 4 days. I had scar tissue and could not dilate from a previous surgery. She was aware of all my medical and finally she had to cut the scar tissue. I have not been able to have children since from all the pulling. I have other friends go thru similar issues. Good Luck

April 13th, 2015
Avoid her.
Judgmental and unreliable.

January 6th, 2014
hard love
sometimes truth hurts dont lose your meaness

June 25th, 2013
Fully Trust Her
I have been a patient of Dr. K's since the early 90's and have been treated well and with respect. She delivered my two children - both complicated pregnancies - and my children are healthy. I had the best possible outcomes for both pregnancies due to Dr K's care. She may not be the overly warm and fuzzy type, but she is friendly, will treat you with respect, and give you excellent care. I highly recommend her.

May 5th, 2011
Absolutely Awful!
Dr. Knudsen has the bedside manner of a troll.I have primary hypertension that she immediately assumed was due to my weight (I'm approximately 15 lbs overweight as measured by BMI) and she advised me to take a nutrition course and to cut fast and junk foods out of my diet. We didn't even discuss my dietary habits, she just assumed that I had an unhealthy diet. She continued to lecture me throughout the exam.She has no empathy or compassion. She doesn't listen and she doesn't care about you unless you fit perfectly into her BMI chart.

April 1st, 2011
Loved her
Dr. Knudsen delivered 2 of my babies while we lived in Missoula. One of those was a high risk pregnancy. She went out of her way to consult with the proper specialists in partnership with her own recommendations. She was extremely thorough and gentle. I loved her. I am now pregnant with my 5th baby and I can honestly say I have missed her care with these last 3 pregnancies. Almost makes me want to drive the 6 hour drive, just to be able to have her as my OB again.

February 4th, 2011
I have seen Dr. Knudsen for over ten years, although she didn't deliver any of my four daughters, my four daughters now see her as their gyno. During the past ten years, Dr.Knudsen has always been there for me, not only as a professional doctor, but as a caring, compassionate friend. Her professionalism carrys on through her staff as well. I feel fortunate to have Dr. Knudsen as my care giver.

January 27th, 2011
I will never go back
I went in with a Dx from another Dr. who referred me up to her. She told me the Dx was wrong. I was pretty insistent since I had been dealing with *this* issue for about 8 months and knew it was there. She finally in a huff said if I insisted she would look at it under a slide then acted surprised when she came back and what I said was there as there. Then told me to do the same thing I had been that wasn't working. A quack at best.

May 7th, 2010
The Best OB/GYN Around...
Dr. Knudsen is the best OB/GYN in the State of Montana. Dr. Knudsen is very frank and honest with her patients. Anyone who has been unsatisfied with her bedside manner is probably upset because she advised them to change their lifestyle or habits. Dr. Knudsen is extremely knowledgeable and cares a great deal for her patients. She has seen my wife for many years without a single complaint. I am proud to say that Dr. Knudsen delivered my son and provided wonderful care throughout my wife's pregnancy. Before you want to post a back comment about Dr. Knudsen, ask yourself if she actual did something wrong or just advised you to do something you didn't want to...

April 13th, 2010
THIS WOMAN IS MEAN
Obstetrician & Gynecologist

November 1st, 2009
This dr was very rude to me on my first visit... Her bedside manner is awful, and when I questioned her about a type od birthcontrol she waved my fears aside instead of answering my questions. I had a surgery... done by her and she never came back and talked to me after the surgery, I got the information from my friend who was with me.

September 29th, 2009