Dr. Valerie Muoio Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Valerie Muoio?

November 18th, 2014

Former Patient

Dr. Valerie Muoio performed my cesarean section (twins), after having two previous ones. Her surgical skills are wonderful! You can barely see her incision! She's the best!

May 31st, 2014

Horrible bedside manner and attitude

Wow is all I can say... Why be involved in a profession such as healthcare if you don't like dealing with people? I looked up her ratings after I had an experience with her as an on call doctor and I am not surprised that other people have encountered the same problems with this Doctor. Couldn't believe the attitude she had and rude disposition she gave me for simply asking questions. Her introduction to me was even cold. She literally introduced herself and stared blankly at my face. Can you say awkward? I told her my concerns and she responded in a defensive and dismissive tone. She made me feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. I hope I never see her again. She should take some bedside manner courses and change her attitude.

March 26th, 2014

Horrible OB

This is my first pregnancy and despite of average reviews on this doctor, I decided to give her a chance. She is arrogant, doesnt answer questions and if you ask her a question she looks at you very annoyed. I suffered from severe nausea and vomiting in my first trimester and she kept saying it's normal until my primary doctor AZRA WIQAS prescribed me Zofran. I had an ultrascreen test done in my 12th week and since she didnt review my record she informed me late (my 16th week) that I had an abnormal test. She forgot to order a quad test last time I was seen by her in my 15th week and the nurse called me after I left the office that the doctor forgot to tell me. I have now changed doctors as I had the worse experience of my life with her. I would give her 0 stars if that was possible, she should quit her practice as she would be doing her patients a favor.

February 7th, 2014

I used to like Dr. Muoio, she was pleasant, quick and efficient. This was my opinion of her when my visits were "business as usual". The first time I ever had a problem and needed more of her time and attention, I was belittled, rushed, hushed, and given the worst possible advice I have ever heard a medical professional give. I had made the decision to go off of birth control after 5+ yrs, which resulted in my menstrual cycle being completely thrown out of whack. After merely talking to me, Dr. Muoio very casually and nonchalantly diagnosed me with PCOS before every doing a pelvic exam or a blood test. Having never heard of this before in my life, I asked what it was, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome she replied. Still having no idea what this was, I asked her to explain. After giving me a very vague definition, her only suggestion was for me to go back on the birth control. This made no sense to me, as I was trying to rid my body of excess hormones and get it back to normal without meds, which I also told her. She gave me no further information about the disorder and insisted this was the only course of action. After leaving her office I was scared and confused, I had no idea what what wrong with me or how to fix it. After insisting on some blood work (which I had to request for her to do), much research and 2 phone calls with her, I decided to buck her advice and go the natural route. I have been taking the herbal supplement Vitex for the last year and my menstrual cycle is almost completely back to normal. Dr. Muoio was the most insensitive, uncaring, pompous Dr I have ever had the displeasure of coming in contact with. Needless to say I am no longer a patient. She would be better served taking a few minutes to act like a human being with her patients than rushing them out, only to be late for her next appointment.

October 28th, 2013

Fabulous Doctor

Dr. Valerie has been an outstanding doctor through out our first pregnancy. Not only is she a lovely person she is patient and makes sure all of our questions are answered prior to us completing each visit. Since she is part of a group; for one visit we met with another Doctor in her group and were greeted with equal care and pleasantness. The staff is exceptional as well. The whole experience has been fantastic and we can't wait to utilize their services in the years to come.

September 25th, 2012

RETURN MY CALL PLEASE

UPON FINDING OUT I WAS PREGNANT FOR THE FIRST TIME, I CALLED TO SET UP AN APT. I WAS TOLD TO WAIT 6 MORE WEEKS BEFORE COMING IN. WHEN I ASKED IF THERE WERE ANYWAY TO SPEAK WITH HER CONCERNING THE MANY QUESTIONS I HAD (WHAT TO EAT/NOTTO EAT..ECT) I WAS TOLD TO EAT WHATEVER I WANTED AND TO WAIT FOR APT. i CALLED BACK TO ASK IF I SHOULD BE ON PRENATAL VITAMINS AT LEAST AND THE DESK CLERK SAID, "OH YEAH, YOU SHOULD..LEAVE A MES FOR A NURSE TO CALL YOU BACK"I LEFT A MESSAGE AND AM STILL WAITING FOR A RETURN CALL. NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM SEARCHING FOR A A NEW OBGYN. I ALWAYS FELT RUSHED WITH MY APTS DESPITE HAVING MEDICAL ISSUES BUT NOW I REFUSE TO RUSH WITH MY BABY'S LIFE TOO.

September 17th, 2012

My doctor for over ten years

I am older and she alway shows respect and is easy to talk to. She takes the time to explain. I find her gentle and patient.

July 15th, 2012

I love her

She learned medicine from the competent ob/gyn in NY Dr. Vincent Mastrota her Dad. He delivered me and I love both of them.

July 3rd, 2012

GREAT DOCTOR

By the end of the visit we were talking like old friends! I would definitely recommend her to my friends.

March 27th, 2012

RUDE DOCTOR

I used to like Dr. Muoio a lot. Last few years, she became very cold and rude with how she spoke to me. At 36, she told me I was too old to not have had a baby yet and I didnt have time. She said she doesnt get why its so hard for me to make it happen. I was so upset; I did my best not to cry right there. If thats her honest opinion, she couldve said it in a nicer more professional way. I felt like she was yelling at me and talking down to me.

October 15th, 2011

Run, don't walk away from Dr. Valerie Muoio

A very nasty person. I went to Dr. Valerie Muoio for my first gynecological exam. She rolled her eyes at me when I told her it was my first exam of this nature, I was a bit older to be having my first exam. She inflicted the most excruciating pain I have ever felt when scraping my cervix. I know this level of pain is not normal as I have many exams since, none of which were painful. I was utterly wincing in pain, she just looked at me and said, "Did that really hurt?" I could tell that the nurse attending the exam was horrified by what she was witnessing. Run, do not walk away from Dr. Valerie Muoio. Find a kind, caring doctor, don't settle for anything less. Follow your instincts, if you think you are not being treated well or competently, look for a new doctor, you will find a good one, it just takes time.

May 20th, 2011

My doc for over 15 years!

I have been seeing Dr Muoio for a very long time and trust her skill and judgement 100%. She is deff no nonsense BUT she has always provided me with excellent health care!!! !