inactive

Valerie A Murray MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

April 4th, 2016
Good luck
The staff is very unprofessional and rude over the phone. I do not know if they are completely untrained in the medical field or care very little about patients, but either way I felt it important enough to spend 5 minutes of my time warning people to try somewhere that cares, especially regarding the nature of this specialty...

December 27th, 2014
Unprofessional, Dr. Murray a terrible representation of her field.
I arrived at Dr. Murray's office 15 minutes early. The staff at the front desk were courteous, very accommodating, and professional. I filled out all the appropriate paper work and that began my wait. After arriving for my appointment scheduled for 2:30pm I didn't leave the office till 4:30pm, which time would have been much later had I not left the office due to the extreme lack of professionalism exhibited by Dr. Murray. After over an hour wait I was finally taken to Dr. Murray's office. Although I felt her introduction to me was odd I gave her the benefit of the doubt and remained open minded. The moment I sat down she glanced at my file and asked the receptionist for some type of paperwork. As the receptionist went to get it the bizarre conversation insued. The doctor asked me a few odd questions (What's your favorite color? If you could have any gift for your birthday, what would it be?) while I answered she flipped through a booklet that had been on her desk. At one moment I just stopped in the middle of my sentence because it felt as if she wasn't listening. After a few seconds of my silence she said without looking up, "Very good, very interesting." By that time the receptionist had reentered giving Dr. Murray a few papers. For the very first time she put everything down on her desk and actually looked me in the eyes. She asked why I had come to her? I started explaining my situation; trying to describe my failing marriage, anxiety struggles, questions about depression and before I could even get to that she interrupts with, "Have you met your detuctable?" With that question came the unraveling of my visit with Dr. Murray. I was told I would have to pay her the $125 office fee right then to be able to continue my visit with her. Not sure of my detuctable and confused by her conduct I was asked by Dr. Murray go back to the waiting room and with the help of the receptionist get in touch with my insurance about my deductible. As I walked out another patient was brought in with her card in hand ready to give Dr. Murray her payment. As the receptionist walked me back to the waiting room she apologized for Dr. Murray's conduct. The office is rather small and as I stood at the front desk asking the receptionist why Dr. Murray handled the billing, Dr. Murray was yelling orders out to the receptionist (with patients still in her office) about how if they couldn't get into prompt contact with my insurance that I could just pay her fee and my insurance would pay me back if I wasn't supposed to be charged. I felt terribly uncomfortable, as if I were being used, but the most damaging feelings stemmed from me finally gaining the courage to seek out professional help and being horribly let down. I asked the receptionist to shred my paperwork and explained I was leaving the office and didn't feel like rescheduling right then. She kept apologizing for my long wait and Dr. Murray's treatment of my first visit. I left that office feeling hopeless and very alone. I am not going into great detail about my visit because there were many small damaging details that when combined with what was outright misconduct by Dr. Murray leads to a one star review. Dr. Murray's actions that day were not only painfully unprofessional and unempathetic but felt almost criminal to me. I would never see Dr. Murray again and would sincerely advise anyone considering Dr. Murray's services to under no circumstances seek her out.

June 23rd, 2014
EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL - GOING ELSEWHERE!
I tried to set up an appointment with this doctor and was hung up on TWICE. The receptionist acted as if she was uninterested in actually helping me set up an appointment and had a poor attitude. If this is that type of service that I will get with this "doctor" (and I use that term loosely at this point) then I would rather get care from a REAL healthcare Professional. I will be getting my services elsewhere and I suggest you do the same!