Dr. Valerie Peck Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Valerie Peck?

Good physician, insane wait times

Posted on April 4th, 2014

Dr. Peck is thoughtful and approachable and spends as much r time as you need answering questions. But in the 12 years I've been a patient I've never seen her anywhere near on time. It used to be 30-45 minutes, now it's 60-90 minutes after the appointment time. (A time the patient is expected to be on time for, and must sign in.) I like Dr. Peck and I have no complaints about her qualifications, but the wait times are simply ridiculous. The only other issue I have is lackluster follow-throughs. Patients must call to ask for results, and then you'll usually get a call that night around 8 or 9pm. If my vet can call me with my dog's results my doctor should be able to call me without my calling first.

Posted on March 21st, 2012

Yes, the wait is usually at least 1 1/4+ hours, but, if Dr. Peckis delayed by the patient prior to your appointment, you arenot penalized once you enter the examining room. Dr. Peck isextremely thorough, specific, and goes beyond the sphere sheis involved with. I am treated for thyroid disease, but, when I ambeing examined, my total health is evaluated. I feel that I couldn't be in better medical hands. I plan a period of reading and relaxing when I go to the office for the long wait, but my well being and relieved state of mind upon leaving is the trade off!

Posted on February 22nd, 2012

Dr peck has been my endocrinologist for over 10 years. There is a long wait at her office. Aside from that she is great. I had 2 endocrinologist before her, and she was by far the best. She literally saved me. She's a really good doctor. I'm willing to wait to see her, because I know how terrible other doctors are. She's excellent

Posted on November 28th, 2010

Dr. Peck was thorough, focused and responsive.

Posted on October 25th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Peck for a short while but mainly for a second opinion. I recently had a physical (by my GP) and she suggested that I take less thyroid medicine but to run it my Dr. Peck. At the time of my physical, it had been 2.5 months since I saw Dr. Peck. I also had some medical issues which required me to see many other doctors in between so quite frankly, i am exhausted with doctors. I told Dr. Peck's receptionist that changing my dose was something that could be done over the phone. The receptionist came back to me and said that the doctor needs to see me to change my RX. Having just seen her 2.5 months ago and being familiar with thyroid disease (9 years)I can pretty much see what is going on in my bloodwork and how the meds get tweeked so the office call was NOT necessary at that time. It is my opinion that she was after my "office" visit. I am not going to see her anymore.

Posted on April 8th, 2009

DO NOT GO THIS DOKTOR UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO WAIT FOR 2 HOURS.

Posted on July 25th, 2017