Dr. Valerie Shavell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 26th, 2016
There are probably better options.
The Fertility Center really seems to be more focused on making money than the patients. After meeting with Dr. Shavell twice, she prescribed a series of procedures and I never saw or heard from her again. I didn't have a doctor to address my questions to, which left me feeling pretty clueless, and like my (very expensive) treatment was proceeding over the course of months without any oversight or adjustments. Dr. Shavell's manner is extremely kind and courteous... so much so that it almost seems condescending. We didn't need a shoulder to cry on; we needed information and options.

April 16th, 2014
felt very well taken care of
First, she is no longer located in the detroit area. I saw her at the fertility center in Grand Rapids, MI (with Drs. Dodds and Young). My first impression wasn't great, but after my second visit and with all following visits (including surgery), I really felt very well taken care of. I had a lot of questions and concerns, and she took a lot of time addressing each one. She was very comforting the day of my surgery, and called me herself (not her nurse) to check up on me the following day. She is definitely an expert in her field, and is very compassionate.