Dr. Valerie Thomas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Valerie Thomas?

Asthma

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Valerie Thomas?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 10th, 2016

Terrible experience!!!!!!!

I just brought my daughter to a new Pediatrician by the name of Dr Thomas in Tavares. The first thing she said to me when she walked in was that my daughter needed the HPV shot and I told her that I did not want my daughter to get the shot and her immediate response was to say," Do you want her to get cervical cancer and die?". She said it in an elevated tone and right in front of my daughter. I immediately got up and walked out with my daughter and told her that I would be finding a different pediatrician. I can't believe a doctor would say that in front of a child. My daughter has severe anxiety and this really upset her.

November 20th, 2013

My worst experience with a pediatrician EVER!

Dr Thomas was our pediatrician when my daughter was born. I am a very big breastfeeding mama so it was no surprise when my daughter was born and I nursed her. She not only was very unsupportive in my parenting decision to breastfeed but went as far as telling me that it was because I was nursing that my daughter became jaundiced (all of her levels were within normal limits for the newborn period). She came in our room and told me that I 'had' to supplement with formula and when I refused threatened me with a more aggressive jaundice treatment plan involving IVs and lights. I agreed to the treatment since I knew it wouldn't hurt her and we continued to nurse. She then proceeded to tell me that if she was going to be my daughter's doctor that I would have to follow her instructions without question and that it would be her way or the highway. During a middle of the night weight check on my baby, the wrong weight was documented and instead of correcting it ( I saw the weight that night, so I knew it was wrong), I was blamed for being neglectful for not bottlefeeding...During an already hard time (I was recovering from a surprise and unnecessary cesarean) I had to fight her and deal with her drama instead of focusing on healing and bonding with my beautiful, healthy daughter. I was too afraid of not having my insurance cover the stay if I fired her and was made to sign an AMA so I dealt with her for the hospital stay but promptly fired her upon discharge. I would not send my worst enemy to her,

September 26th, 2011

Great MD for Pediatrics

I am 30 and she was my pediatrician for 9 yrs and now Dr Thomas is also my son and daughters Doc.from birth to present, enough said, highly recommended!

June 3rd, 2011

In 2005 I was due with my second child and my OBGYN referred me to Dr. Thomas for my baby's doctor. I have to say I was impressed from the first appointment with her. She set up an appointment for me to meet her before my daughter was born. When my daughter would get sick she put our worries to rest and walked us through everything. In fact I learned more the second time around through her. I even brought my 1st child to her after my daughter was born. As a parent I highly recommend her!! She would get ten stars from my family.

February 23rd, 2011

Great Doctor!!

We love Dr. Thomas and her staff!

January 21st, 2011

Great care

I have never had any issues getting appointments into Dr. Thomas's office on the days when my daughter has been sick. This includes almost every other week visits after she started day care over the last 6 months. We've never waited more than 5 minutes to be moved to a room and no more than 10 minutes to be seen. Patients are not over-booked and the entire office is clean. With my step-children in their younger years I have seen over-booked doctors with nasty offices that I vowed to never return. in those days, I considered it luck if we saw the doctor but usually got a PA or an NP and it changed with almost every visit. This never happens with Dr. Thomas. We have never been shorted on time or attention including my entourage of in-laws. She has taken plenty of time to explain symptoms, illness and treatments and has made my daughters appointments as comfortable as possible. I don't have anything but kudo's for Dr. Thomas and Jennifer who keeps the office going.

July 27th, 2010

Wonderful doctor

Cares for our child likes its one of her own. Enough said. Wonderful person that happens to be an excellent doctor.

February 16th, 2010

Unfriendly, not compassionate at all

When entered office she never even greated us with a hello, yelled at my son that his chair would scratch the wall, almost gave my child a vaccine that he already had, when I asked her about a concern I had she told me I would need to make another appointment to discuss that issue.

October 28th, 2009

Dr. Thomas is wonderful! She was my pediatrician, and she is the only pediatrician I want for my son. She is always kind and caring (her and her staff) and is willing to sit and talk with you if you have any questions or concerns.

September 18th, 2017