Dr. Valerie Traina MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Los Gatos, CA

3.8

January 17th, 2012
Excellent Surgeon
My wife and I have both had to have procedures performed by Dr. Traina. Each time, everything was communicated to us and we fully knew what to expect going in to the procedure. Excellent bedside manner, prompt follow up and very competent in her practice.

September 13th, 2010
Caring, thorough.
Very caring and thorough. Makes sure that follow-ups are scheduled and that all tests are in place before then. She did my breast cancer lumpectomy, and even took care to hide the scars as possible.

June 22nd, 2010
Dr. Valerie Traina Is Untrustworthy
In 2002 had 1.3 cm breast lump identified by ultrasound as cystic and needing no treatment. In 2008 discovered smaller, <1 cm, lump in same breast, identified by ultrasound as irregularly margined & suspicious of carcinoma. This 2008 ultrasound described earlier lump as 1.2 cm lesion unchanged from 2002.Advised by several doctors, including Dr. Traina, that new, suspicious lump should be biopsied or removed, but nothing need be done to unchanged 6+ year old lump. Chose lumpectomy of suspicious lesion, and confirmed several times with Dr. Traina, including minutes before entering operating room, that she would remove smaller, suspicious lesion but not larger, unchanged, 6+ year old lesion.Chose local anesthetic for lumpectomy; was awake & conversing during entire procedure. At no time did Dr. Traina mention changing agreement to remove only suspicious lesion. In recovery room nurse mentioned 2 specimens sent to pathology. When Dr. Traina came in, I asked why 2 specimens. She said off-handedly, Oh, I just figured I might as well remove them both while I was at it.No further explanation was ever given. Medicares Explanation of Benefits form shows her payment for removing larger unchanged-for-6-yrs benign lump was over twice as much as her payment for removing smaller malignant lump.I should have confirmed in operating room in presence of operating room staff that only suspicious lump would be removed. Trusting Dr. Traina was mistake.

December 8th, 2009
Dr. Traina has been my daughter's doctor for many years. My daughter, who is almost 30 yrs. old now, started having tumors in her breasts when she was 18. She has undergone 5 surgeries in the past 10 years and Dr. Traina has done the last 3. We were referred to Dr. Traina because she specializes in breast care/surgery. She is wonderful! She always has plenty of time to answer all our questions and concerns, her bedside manner is comforting and we are never rushed. We are blessed to have found her. It is very apparent that she enjoys what she does and does it well. Star, her office assistant is just as wonderful. When facing surgery and the unknown, it's great to know that from the very first call you make, you are with people who really care!

November 13th, 2009
She saved my life (twice) she fought for me with my insurance company so that I could get the correct treatment; she supported me when I had to make hard decisions.

May 14th, 2009
Was billed twice for the same service a year after I paid for it.
Be careful with this office. After you pay for your service, a year later, they may bill you again for the same service, as if you never paid for it at all. By this time, you won't have records that you paid for it already. This is what happened to me. Then who knows, they may send creditors after you. After you pay for your service they won't send you a statement saying you paid for it the first time, so you have no record of what happened... just their "computer system" that says you owe them money.