Dr. Valerie Wheelock MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 27th, 2017
Amazing
My children have been seeing Dr. Wheelock since birth! She's not only amazing, but her staff is too!

October 28th, 2015
Love Her
Dr Wheelock is Great

March 4th, 2013
We love Dr. Wheelock but......
SInce we met Dr Wheelock we decided to stay with her. She is very good and we love her but lately we haven't be able to see the doctor, we have only seen the RNs , they are good but it is discouraging that we haven't be able to have an appointment with Dr. Wheelock.

August 25th, 2011
What A Rare Jewel!
"Jewel" is exactly how my husband & I describe this doctor to our friends, because she IS!! I have never walked into a warmer, friendlier office! Our wait is always so short it frustrates my kids because they wanted more time to ride the rocking elephant, zebra and giraff! Our children love this woman, too and are happy when they are told they have an appointment (what a change from listening to crying all the way to other doctors' offices) Now, I just deal with their unhappiness of having to leave and on many occassions that precious office manager will over hear and leave her desk to assure me that we're welcome to stay 'til the kids are ready to leave. So much love for kids in that office...you can't help but feel it! You can just tell by talking to Dr.Wheelock that her knowledge base is so vast! Our other doctor never linked a chronic symptom to the disorder Dr. Wheelock identified and that now is improving! We refer everyone who's looking for a great pediatrician to this doctor! She's a Jewel!

April 3rd, 2011
Lovely Doctor!
We have been seeing Dr. Wheelock for around 4 years now. My daughter has had various medical issues, and Dr. Wheelock has always held our hand- or recommended us to the right specialist. Her nurses and staff have been most helpful, and I love that since it is an intimate practice they know my child when we walk in the door. There are so many instances of their office going above and beyond for my child/family- answering emails, sending last minute Rxs, giving us samples before needing to buy medications, connecting us with patients with similar medical issues. However, the thing that touched our hearts the most was her calling to check up on my daughter after her open heart surgery we had done in Houston. It was a great comfort to hear a familiar voice at a scary time. Dr. Wheelock and her staff go to great lengths to please their patients. But the thing that is most indicative is how much my daughter loves seeing her everytime we go in. Give her a try, you will love her!

February 13th, 2011
Best Pediatrician you can find anywhere!
Dr.Wheelock is awesome! Besides being so very knowledgeable, she is kind, adores the kids and really listens to and addresses each and every concern I may be having. I found her by hearing this same description of her from one of her patient's parents. We all love her and you will, too!

Personalized Care
Dr. Wheelock has a broad knowledge base. She make my children feel special and has helped us through many physical and emotional obstacles. I highly recommend her!

February 11th, 2011
Just so others will know
Dr. Wheelock is the pediatrician I refer all my friends to. She has addresses concerns that other doctors have missed. She is professional, knowledgeable, and caring. She makes every patient feel as though they are her favorite.

Best Pediatrician Ever!
I recommend Dr. Wheelock to all my friends! It is so worth the wait even on a busy day!!

January 18th, 2011
ABSOLUTE BEST PEDIATRICIAN!!!
It's unfortunate that it is usually those that are displeased that write reviews. It is impossible to please everyone, but Dr. Wheelock and her office does the best job I have ever experienced (and I have lived in several places and have 4 kids)! They are very accomodating and always have same-day appointments. They do an excellent job at staying on schedule. There is a late policy that they try to stick to, but if they didn't, then we would all wait an hour to be seen! As a busy Mom, I appreciate their late policy so much...and they are always kind and professional! Dr. Wheelock and her staff are amazing at spending time with each patient and answering all of my questions. She has helped my kids in ways no other doctor has! I couldn't ask for better care or service!

October 4th, 2010
Your doctor that has her on call should be the one warning you that there might be a charge for AFTER HOUR calls! That is there place to tell you not her AFTER she calls you back. There is almost ALWAYS a fee for a call with the doctor!

February 19th, 2010
be careful
I was directed by my pediatricians office to Dr. Wheelock during an after hours call. She seemed very nice, but I did not know that she was not part of the practice that I take my kids to. When the bill came from her office I thought it was an advertisement and did not open it. When a second bill came I did open it and was shocked to see that I was being charge a $30 late fee for a 5 minute conversation that cost $15. When I called the office they would not budge. I am very disappointed that I was charged such a steep late fee in such a short period of time. I suggest that Dr. Wheelock let it be known when she talks to parents that she part of Barton Creek Pediatrics so that others do not pay the penalty that I did.