Dr. Valery Lanyi MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 2 reviews

November 10th, 2015
Doctor to avoid
I have rarely seen such a rude, dismissive, incompetent, unprofessional and insensitive doctor. Not mentioning the fact that she was speaking ill of her own staff.

April 21st, 2013
Terrible experience
I had an awful experience with Dr. Lanyi, due to the fact that I could overhear Dr. Lanyi talking negatively about me in the hallway outside the examination room with her assistant before she even came to examine me. I got so upset while waiting for her to come in, I almost started crying. When came into the examination room the first thing she said was " I heard you want me to work magic." Excuse me? I went to see her because although I have chronic lower back pain, a few days before, my back starting hurting in a different way, and I was in pain all the time. I was also scheduled to take a 10 hour flight the evening I went to see her, so my family encouraged me to see a doctor to make sure it was ok to fly since I AM NOT A DOCTOR. At some point several years ago, I was told that I may have minor spina bifida, so I just wanted to be careful. So no, I didn't want her to work magic, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dealing with something that could be dangerous if I was in a plane for an extended period of time. When she came in to examine me I wish I had the courage to say something to her face, but I was so upset and also in pain, that I just was curt and got out of there after she told me to "get some aspirin and icy hot". I left her office and called my husband, and started crying because she made me feel so bad, like I was a hypochondriac. If you are in pain, don't go to her, because she will make you feel like you are bothering her .