Dr. Valeska Balderas MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology McAllen, TX

3.2

no change

April 21st, 2017
Too many patients - wait is too long - then they tell you Dr. Cant see you...you have to see the PA!
Beware they will have you see the PA because the Dr has too many patients.

March 22nd, 2017
Top Noche doctor
I visited Dr. Balderas for a issue I was having with my throat. She explained the procedure and made sure I was comfortable with the process. Dr Balderas followed up with a call to my wife and was very compassionate about my treatment. She was very knowledgeable about my issue and I'd definitely recommend anyone to seek her out, if they ever have any questions.

August 5th, 2016
Regular doctor moved practice so wound up with her. Wish the other physician was still there. Appointments are cancelled at the last minute after I've asked for time off from work but no one bothered to speak to me about it.

May 13th, 2016
I was very pleased with Dr. Valeska Balderas, who was very patient and kind with me. She made me feel very comfortable. I feel that I can trust her with my care.

Dr. Balderas is very caring
I saw Dr. Balderas for colon issues. She explained different illnesses that might be going on very knowledgable, caring physician, bedside manners are phenomenal, takes her time w/her patients it's worth the wait to see a great Dr. I also mentioned to her I was having upper GI issues, acid reflux, and she recommended for me to have an Endoscopy as well, since I was already going to be scheduled for Colonoscopy. I'm glad she convinced me, upon doing the Endoscopy she found an Ampullary Nodule in the small intestine, that eventually can turn into "Cancer" if not taking care off. I can honestly Thank Dr. Balderas, for taking the time to convince me to have the Endoscopy done. Thanks to God biopsy came back negative for Cancer. Dr. Balderas has recommended I have an Endoscopy every 6 months to follow-up on the Ampullary Nodule. Expalined everything to my wife & myself & we're very pleased with her bedside manners, made sure we didn't have any other questions before leaving. I do highly recommended Dr. Balderas as a GI physician.

Pancreatic cancer
I came to see this doctor for a second opinion. She found that I had pancreatic cancer after a CT scan and mri did not show that anything was wrong with me. She did a special procedure and found my cancer. She referred me to a surgeon and now I'm cancer free. She was very honest and direct and I appreciated that, everyone else just dismissed my symptoms. I would highly recommend this doctor.

May 12th, 2016
She helped me get my life back
This doctor helped me feel better, she told me truth even though I didn't want to hear it. I was overweight and suffering from multiple stomach issues because of my eating habits. She was honest with me and helped me get my life back.

March 30th, 2016
Dedicated Dr Who Is Very Knowledgeable
Very straight forward and meticulous in her assessments and request for exams.

July 21st, 2014
I saw Dr. Balderas only as a result that my physician was not available at the time. She is plain rude and arrogant. I felt like she did not offer any good bedside manner whatsoever. So, I would probably not recomment her to anyone.

June 24th, 2014
Blunt to the point of rudeness. I would not recommend her to anyone that I know. Arrogant and makes you feel like you are bothering her when you ask a question. Does not have good bedside manner at all.

June 2nd, 2014
A doctor who uses foul language in front of her patients
She might be a good doctor, but I don't think she realizes her patients hear everything she is saying around her staff. Not everyone appreciates foul language. It makes the doctor sound very unprofessional.

March 8th, 2013
Chronic Pancreatitis
Dr.Balderas took over my case after been diagnosed and treated for chronic pancreatitis, her bedside manner is great. She is a wonderful physician with amazing bedside manner. Her method of explaining the medical diagnosis is very thorough and is very clear about what you should and shouldn't do. She follows up with her patients promptly after procedures. She came very recommended from other physicians.