Dr. Van-Anh Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 5th, 2016
Switching Doctors
Poor bedside manner (talks too much, listens too little). Long wait times. Once discussed my medical history with a staff member while in earshot of everyone in the waiting room (very unprofessional). Inaccurate/uninformed diagnoses create unnecessary worry about illnesses I don't actually have. Too eager to run expensive lab work/tests without much discussion of why they're needed ... not very informative when the test results come back, either.

April 26th, 2013
Shame on Me
I had seen Dr Nguyen over a year ago for an acute virus. She was very thorough which I appreciated. Over a year later I needed a preop appointment so I booked with her. I needed a CBC, urinalysis, EKG and a letter clearing me. She ran every test in the book even though I told her that several of them had just been run by another doctor. He assistant bruised me so badly taking blood that I am supposed to make an appt for an ultrasound to rule out a bloodclot (oh by the way, I have to pay for it) then go back for her to read me the results. I paid $800 for the first appt, $400 for her to read me my bloodwork and I am assuming another $200-400 for her to read my ultrasound. Her staff is rude, I waitied an hour in the exam room and no one else was there. I am not going back. She is thorough because she rakes in a bunch of money being that way. They run their own bloodwork so I end up with a whopping bill, a long commute to get there and repeat visits to "explain" things that should be free but are so expensive that I could kick myself.

April 10th, 2013
Worst service I have ever gotten
I went yesterday for a back pain and the nurse practitioner said I had a stroke she kept rolling her eyes and snapping she spend less that 5 minutes on me I was so angry I walked out she grabbed my wrist when I decided to leave, which now I have a bruise on it I called yesterday and the front desk lady was laughing. I called the office manager Lisa today and would not listen to me and stood by her staff. I had a major Rip off! don't go here unless you want bad services

May 4th, 2011
Don't go to this doctor... she is more focused on money than patrient care
Like many of you spent my time researching doctors in my surrounding area and stumbled onto Dr. Van-Anh T Nguyen, MD. Her office was close and I thought it would make sense because I had seen high ratings of her on here and elsewhere. Scheduling the appointment:The woman who answered the phone had a thick accent that was difficult to understand (which was by no means a reason to turn and run). Her demeanor was very similar to, "YEAH WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" and far from "how can I help you." Against my better judgment I stayed on the phone with her and explained that I was a new patient and wanted a complete physical and we scheduled an appointment.Appointment:I had not been to the office before and called ahead to make sure I was heading the right direction and the same woman who answers the phone sounded dismissive and rude when I asked her to give directions. If she had spoke that way to my aging father, I can only imagine how irate he would have been.I arrived to the office right on time (9:30), paid my co-payment of $25, and filled out the necessary forms. When I asked her about the explanation of the physical she said that I would be able to have the work done next time I visited and the point of my being there was just to meet the doctor for a consultation. I began to laugh and explained that I would not be paying $25 to meet the doctor and then another $25 to do the same thing in a week. When I handed my forms back to the receptionist I said "thank you." She snatched the forms off the clip board put her head down; then gestured towards the seats and told me to go sit back down. Around 10:00 a male nurse led me to the room where I would be meeting the doctor and took my pulse. At 10:30 (I WAITED A TOTAL OF AN HOUR) the doctor finally came in and apologized for her lateness. She asked me a handful of questions did a few body checks. Before she left I told her that I was on thin budget and didn't want to pay an additional $25 in co-payment fees just to find out everything had come out fine and I was in good health. She agreed and sent the nurse back in to draw blood.Two days later I received an awkward sounding phone call from the woman at the front desk. She said they had found some abnormal results and I would need to come in immediately. My heart began to pound out of my chest. I asked if it was serious and she said, "yes." Of course the follow up question is when can we schedule the next follow up appointment to find out what's wrong. She attempted to schedule something at the end of the following week. I said that I was only 10 minutes from the office and could stop by before 5:00 PM today, to which she responded. "No, we're closing early today." I knew they were either trying to rake another $25 out of me for the co-pay or there was really something wrong. I managed to convince the girl to let me come in at the start of the next day to find out what was wrong.I slept very little the night before knowing that I'm young and there wouldn't be much of a reason to bring me in unless something was inherently wrong. Once again, I came into the office, paid my co-payment, and waited for over an hour. When we finally pulled up the results of my test it turns out my cholesterol was slightly above normal... that was why I needed to come in for a second appointment. I was furious. I received my bill from this office and apparently the lab work was in the range of $1300 along with $72.63 in odd charges to me. I don't wish this doctor on anybody and write this review in hopes that you will be able to find a doctor elsewhere and save yourself the aggravation.

November 18th, 2016