A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Van Lam:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Van Lam is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Van Lam, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Child Development
- Diabetes Complications
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Lam graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Lam has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton
- Baylor Carrollton
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lam accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans