Dr. Van Pena Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Van Pena?

September 9th, 2016

Portland,OR

The first time I was recommended and saw Dr. Pena was phenomenal. He was practicing in Petaluma. I never met a Dr who was as knowledgable about Suboxone as he. I came to him when I was on Fetanyl patch for liver transplant that went terribly wrong in Portland, OR and I wanted off of any and all drugs related to my heroin history. Suboxone was a great choice. To this day I still remember Dr. Pena staying with me that first day as I took that first tablet or 1/2 tablet(I don't remember because that was in 2008- 9 yrs.ago). It was very helpful and I appreciated his thoughtfulness and knowlege of the drug. I'm glad to hear he is still practicing - to those of you who are blessed enough to see him, he truly is a great Doctor and very caring. There are very few, if any, Doctors like Dr. Pena anymore.....

July 15th, 2016

An amazing doctor

June 22nd, 2015

I switched to him a few months ago and very happy so far

March 4th, 2014

He is SO knowledgeable and had changed . However, another family member was going to pay for my childs visit and unbeknownst to me didn't I got no notice on this. He at one time told me I could pay over time. The second visit a year later he scolded me because said member didn't pay (I had no knowledge of this. Nor did he tell me when booking second appointment) I show up with partial payment. He refuses to see my child again and then won't return our calls and denied a refill off of a sample he gave us. I told him the sample worked wonders and he still wouldn't even do one month's worth in order for us to get established somewhere else. Sad. You can't do that to someone's child. I guess business is business and his memory on partial payment's is short. And he raised his rate between visit one and visit two. so that didn't help my budget. All and all he is good and is the best when it comes to medications but just be careful. Pay up front and don't expect prompt customer service and it will be fine.

November 18th, 2011

Very helpful, takes his time.

Dr. Van Pena is like an old fashioned doctor who takes his time and really listens to his patients. What a change from the 5 minute doctors who try to rush you out the door.

January 29th, 2011

Transcendent Physician!

Dr. Pena accepted me as a patient when I was very sick, had no job or insurance, and very little money. He let me pay over time, and now that I have a job again, he always asks if I need to pay over time. He's a total angel. Dr. Pena also possesses an extraordinary level of medical, scientific, and mental health education which complement his experience and compassion. In my 50+ years, I have never found a doctor I whose advise I trust more. He always has time to discuss my concerns for as long as it takes for me to understand any medical or psychological issue. His incredible breadth of medical knowledge and experience makes him the best doctor I know. His personality makes him one of the best human beings I know.

March 24th, 2010

I was impressed with Dr Pena and how much attention to details he covers on his own, I didnt have to ask questions like usual he answered all of them before I could ask! I walked in feeling bad like there was little hope and left the office a new man!

September 21st, 2017