Dr. Van Vallina MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 17th, 2016
I am currently a post operative patient of Dr. Vallina's and have found him to be nothing short of wonderful! He was informative, took his time and make me feel secure and confident in my surgical decision. The only complaint I had was the process before surgery, his staff did not follow up or return phone calls. It took alot of persistance on my part to have his office staff followup, return phone calls and follow up with my insurance.

May 16th, 2016
dont bother
Never in my life have I ben treated with such indifference by a doctor and the staff is worse. "I just answer the phones" is NEVER something you say to a customer in any business. or voices mail messages that state "I'll get back to you in 24-36 hours"  and never do. No information on insurace came from them I had to do it on my own, and when I found out I was denied, I asked what was needed. NOTHING was provided by the doctor, or his staff, the insurance company got NOTHING but a code. Shame on them for their lack of anything resembling effort, shame on them for not caring, and  shame on them for a total and complete lack of empathy

October 23rd, 2015
Egomaniac
Dr. Van Vallina has a terrible bed side manner! Does NOT care what you have to say! Just shut up & do as I say! Egomaniac!

January 23rd, 2015
Terrible Bed Side Manner & Huge Ego
Dr. Vallina has terrible bedside manner and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. He is full of himself and is very condescending.

December 23rd, 2010
Dr Vallina was a savior in my case. He was straight forward infomative and the surgery went well and was expalianed in full to me. I would recommend Him to anyone without reservation

July 5th, 2010
Awesome doctor!
Dr. Vallina performed a Heller Myotomy with a partial fundoplication for me. He was wonderful throughout the experience. He has a great bedside manner. The surgery I had isn't very common and my outcome has been wonderful. He is very down to earth, explains things well, and seems to REALLY care about his patients. He came to see me post-op & sat in my room talking to me & even brought me photos from the surgery. I trust him completely & would not hesitate to see him again if I needed a surgeon. I even referred a sibling to him.

June 20th, 2010
I was referred to Dr. Vallina by my primary care physician. Dr. Vallina did surgery on my double hernia. He uses the mesh method of repair. I got the sense from the beginning that this guy knew what he was talking about, especially after he told me that he had done (I forget the number but it was over ONE THOUSAND) hernia operations. It has been about 3 years now and I was able to resume weight lifting and excercise within about 2 months after his surgery. No residual pain of any kind. This was major surgery, but it went fine.