Dr. Vance Alm MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 8 reviews

August 3rd, 2016
I have been going to Dr. Alm since 2008..spends alot of time with you.. Listens to all of your symptoms and goes from there.. Probably why he runs a little late sometimes.. He moved and i followed. Great doctor.. Hif he cant figure it out in a couple of visits.. Sends me to a specialist..

September 29th, 2015
Dr. Alm is a great doctor, he is there for my entire family.

January 27th, 2015
would not recommend
Very bad bedside manner. Would not recommend

February 18th, 2014
tick bite
He diagnosed me with a tick bite.Told me that the tick would fall off by- it- self. It did not, so he gave me a death sentence! If only i had listened to my gut and had it removed by a surgeon.No i do not recomend this Dr!

March 6th, 2013
Dr. Alm is attentive and listens to what I have to say about my symptoms, he takes his time to explain his diagnosis and treatments, I believe he really cares!

August 3rd, 2011
I have been going to Dr. Alm's office for about a year now and I am going to change doctors. Every time I go for a visit, I show up on time and yet I end up waiting for at least 45 mintues to even get called back. I usually spend close to 2 hours for a well baby check up. My last appointment I asked the front desk if they knew when I was going to be called back because I had been waiting so long and they just told me, "Oh it will be just a minute, the nurse is getting all the immunizations ready." It takes 45 minutes to do that! I am not impressed with the visits either. They never tell me my child's percentiles. My son had a rash and the medication I was given had steroids in it. The pharmacist told me to use it sparingly because of the steriods. My son was 4 months old at the time and the doctor didn't mention anything about steroids. Also my son had some eye problems so the doctor gave me drops that aren't supposed to be used on children younger than 3 years. Yet when my son had painful gas at 1 month, I asked if it was all right to give him gas drops and was told , no that medication should not be given to such a young baby and I need to burp him better. Also when my child needed shots I had a ton of trouble because they weren't doing immunizations there for a while. Well they didn't have all the shots that my son needed at his appointment so I was told to call back and check. I called and was told his shots were there. I showed up for an appointment (where I had to wait 30 minutes) to go back and be told that no his shots weren't there. It would be different it if was just me attending these appointments, but I have 2 children and the wait times are far too long for them. I was also waiting on a referral because our insurance company requires it and I was the one who had to call back to see if there was any progress, which there wasn't any at all. My husband has gone and they lost his chart so he had to fill out all the paperwork a second time. I feel every time I go, there is a new problem. I tried to give the office a chance because they are very friendly there, but enough is enough.

March 17th, 2011
Don't bother
I was a patient of one of the PAs in his office for about a year. She finally left due to inefficiency. The staff was constantly losing my referrals for tests, misplacing important paperwork for my chart, screwing up my appointments, 3 different times they even lost my entire chart! When the PA left, I decided to give Dr. Alm a chance, and what a mistake! They, again, screwed up the appt. time so I had to go back, which messed up my entire day. I waited 45 mins. in the waiting room, and another 35 mins. in the exam room. It was obvious he did bother to look at my chart because he had no idea what medication I was on, I had a bad skin infection that he refused to exam, he said "I could clean it up myself when I got home," and in fact did not touch me once in way of examining me the entire time. He made suggestions of treatments I had already been on for months, or had tried in the past, and he had no idea. The only new suggestion he had was "I eat a lot of Jello." He changed my meds as "an experiment," only gave me 2 weeks supply, and then a week later had his assistant call to say he was no longer comfortable with me as a patient as I had too many acute medical problems. I would receive a letter or phone call to refer me to a different Dr., which of course did not happen, not even after I called 2 weeks later to try and follow up. I was just ignored, including when I requested my medical records so I could pass them on to another Dr. when I found one myself. I lived in this area for 25 years, and he is absolutely the worse doctor I have ever seen in all my years. My husband was a witness to all of this, and was also a patient of the original PA. When he decided to not go back, and he went in to get copies of his records he was ordered off the property, them stating his records were belonged to them and were not required to hand them over.

November 30th, 2009