General Practitioner, Surgical Specialist, Urologists, Pediatric Specialist

Stony Brook
2500 Nesconset Hwy
Stony Brook, NY 11790
631-444-6270
Locations and availability (8)

2.5

|  Cold,lacks empathy  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2013

Dr moss was cold to me and my family when dealinf with the recent hospitalization of a close family member. He was quite condescending and arrogant at times. Definitely thinks very highly of himself and has a terrible bedside manner. Apparently he does not like to be asked questions. Bad experience with him. I would not see him as an outpatient if you paid me to

|  POST-SURGERY  |  show details
by Corrado M. on Jul 15th, 2013

I never comment but with the medical field these days and Dr.s only caring about INSURANCE ... I hope this helps! I am 36yrs young, and I'm not a stranger to Surgery's and being put under anesthesia ( 3 TIMES!) No matter how much I take care of my body.. Physically, eating, ECT... i will always have health issues. I have one Kidney, Bladder issues, and i'm sure down the road i will develope more. Dr. Moss was the my 3rd opinion and i never met anyone like him. What made up my mind with Dr. Moss is that he sat with me for at least 20 Minutes to get to know me personally before he we addressed my issues... That is such great business , because all of our issues are developed over time. He actually said to me that he wanted me to get another opinion.. I believe he said that because he puts in a lot to get to know us as a person not a PATIENT or a NUMBER for the Insurance Company.

Nov 29th, 2011

Doctor Vance Moss does not call patients back, even after surgery. Dr. Moss overbooks his appts. at least three patients in one time slot. Every time I have arrived for my appointment, the chairs were all full with waiting patients, and the doctor was not even in the building.

|  COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2011

Got my prostate microwaved and had to quit after 10 of 40 minutes because of pain. Later found out that other urologists use anesthesiologists. But he collected his $5 Gs from insurance Co. He was rude, uncaring and would not speak to me afterward. His office is loaded with pix of himself with Geo and Laura Bush. He's a shameless seld-promoter.

Feb 8th, 2011

Terrible experience with prosthesis

|  Had TUMT prostate procedure 9 mos. ago.  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2010

Dr. Vance Moss is very busy and someone else's emergency can cause your own appointment to be rescheduled. However when you really need him he will call and be there for you. He is a humble man in my opinion and was very open to discussing my problem and working with me to come up with a plan of action. He listened to my input and feedback and was fully open to working with me, rather than dictating to me. I recommend him.

Dec 8th, 2010

Dr. Vance Moss is conceited, has a poor bedside manner and is not friendly.

Nov 15th, 2010

My appointment with Dr. Moss was cancelled at the last minute three times in 6 weeks! Twice I was on my way to his office in Howell when his staff called to cancel my appt. When I tried to speak to the office manager regarding this situation, I was told abruptly to consult my insurance book and find another urologist.........I absolutely will!

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2010

-I have a kidney stone,(scary i know)this guy has helped me immensely,yes it's my 1st stone.i felt a lil rushed when i see him however, he answered any question i had,any concern I had.I AM recommending DR Moss to all.

by Jim brewer on Jul 22nd, 2010

these guys care only about their publicity