Dr. Vanda Bruner MD, PA Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Holmdel, NJ

• Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2015
Only thing I would say that needs improvement is the wait time.

May 11th, 2012
Dr. Bruner and her ofice staff need to learn how to put the patient first instead of worry about fianancilly penalizing her patients when they dont have money.
I've been using Dr. Bruner as my childrens pediatrician for the last 13 years. In the beginning I was please with her service towards my children, but as the years went by the treamtent plans and her staffs attitude towards the patients/parent have deteriorated. When I call to get advice regarding my child/childrens condition, Im ALWAYS told to bring my child in. I may not be a Dr., but Im a mother which is better then a Dr. in ALOT of situations...My children both has asthma, not bad, thank the Lord. I mself have been asthmatic for the last 40 years of my life. I know as a patient what to do for this illness and how to react in the occurance of an asthmatic attack. I have all the medicines neded as well a mini nebulizer on hand. There are times when I leave my children home from school when they arent feeling well and especially when they have either allergy or asthma flareups. I may call Dr. Bruners office with a question or to explain that my child is sick with asthma or allergies (whatever the situation is), I kept him or her home from school can I get a Dr.s note. NOW, why is it that I have to bring my child in to be seen just to get a drs. note when the Dr. is well aware of my childrens chronic health condition? I dont understand. There is nothing more that the dr. can do, and if my child was to get worse or not get better at all I would go to the Emergency Room in this type of situation. As a child growing up with bad asthma, my mother was always able to call my dr., explain why i was left home and he always gave a drs note. I just think its ridiculous to ALWAYS have to bring my children in to be seen when its unnecessary. I think shes more worried about the money. Also, i find it disturbing for a Dr. to charge a patient a penalty if they dont have their copay at time of vist. If I dont have the copay, what makes one think I have an extra $4.00 as punishment. I've been charged 20.00 for cancelling an appointment with less then 24 hours notice. Things happen at the last minute and when I did cancel without the amount of notice they were looking for I had no contrl over the situation. Something emergent occured over the weekend when her ofice was closed, therefore I had no choice but to wait until Monday morning. I understand being a physician is ones occupations and living, but I also think its horrible to treatment patients this way by charging them extra for every little thing. We as parents hold full time jobs also and our time is also valuable. Its ok when we have a 10:00 appt and we dont get in the back to see the Dr until 11:00. Why cant the parents charge the Dr. after waiting for so long for wasteing the parents time?

October 6th, 2009
been taking our children for 15 years sad the oldest will have to find an adult doctor in a few years

June 26th, 2008
Wonderful
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Bruner. She is the best!

June 27th, 2017