Dr. Vanessa Allen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vanessa Allen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 19th, 2015

Keep Searching......

I do not recommend this doctor for anything.

September 19th, 2013

Is This a Real Doctor?

I'm new to the Maryland area, and was assigned this doctor by default by my employer, based on my ZIP code when I signed up for medical insurance. I made an appointment because I was having frequent upset stomach. I went in, and waited over an hour to be seen. Then, when the doctor came in, she didn't touch me one time. Not to check a pulse, heart rate, glands...NOTHING. She did however send me to get a complete blood test panel. A few days later I got a call from someone in the office stating that I had low Vitamin D levels, and the doctor would call in a prescription for that to the pharmacy I had on file, but wanted to see me again because the blood work also showed that I was borderline diabetic. I made an appointment for the following week, and waited for the prescription for the Vitamin D to be called in. After it never got done, I called and canceled my appointment and changed my primary care physician. Unfortunately, when I logged into my patient account online, I saw that I had been diagnosed with GERD...based on what, a doctor who never touched me or ordered any tests?

January 31st, 2013

Waited an hour to be called

I waited an hour to be called back into the dr office. Waited another ten minutes and walked out. They gave no explanation of why it took so long and didnt say anything when I walked out. Very disappointed!

November 9th, 2012

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!

I scheduled this appointment over the summer and had to postpone due to insurance issues. I rescheduled the visit and was very excited about the appointment. I was excited about the appointment because of Dr. Allen's method to treat using traditional and holistic medicine. Nevertheless I arrived at the appointment and the front office staff was rude, uncaring and inconsiderate. My first thought was to leave(I'm exploring to see if my confidentiality was breached by her staff). After going back and forth with the secretary, I decided to see the doctor anyway. I was informed when I scheduled the appointment that I would be meeting with a Nurse Practitioner and not the Doctor. I thought it was strange for new patient, but I really wanted to see a physician that used this approach to health. The doctor uses students from TESST to take vitals and weight. She was unwelcoming with zero bedside manner. How hard is it to say "how are you?". She left me in the examining room with no instructions on whether or not I needed to change my clothes etc...she must have thought about it and eventually came back with a robe. The nurse practitioner was condescending and insenstive. Even after I explained my experience to her regarding my experience with the staff. This was supposed to be a physical. The nurse practitioner did not have any of my treatment history. Even though I had to fill out pages of information prior to the appointment. When I asked her about the paperwork, she stated she didn't have to ask me anymore questions she would review the paperwork(shouldn't that have been done beforhand). She check my reflexes, respiratory system and heartrate. She then proceeded to ask if I wanted lab work and what labs are covered with my insurance(once again shouldn't they know that??) Needless to say, I will not be returning, nor would I recommend this physician. Of course I never met her. She should really look at revising her approach to treatment. It's nothing like knowing who your doctor is and at least developing a good rapport. There is nothing wrong with utlizing PA's and NP's but a new patient would at least like to meet the doctor. If you are required to fill out mounds of paperwork, the least the medical professional could do is read and review so they can ask intelligent questions.

June 20th, 2012

Very Good Experience

I came in as a new patient. I did the see the PA. I would have liked to see the Dr. but I do understand the Office policy that was explained to me while I scheduled my appointment. My experience with the office staff was great. All I came in contact with were very friendly and professional. The office decore is relaxing and beautiful. The PA was very knowlegable and I would be happy to see her again. I have come in a 2nd time when I was sick and it was great to be able to get a same day appointment. I would recommend this office to all my friends.

May 21st, 2012

May rating

April 18th, 2012

I initially started seeing Dr Allen in 2010. She has great bedside manners and has always responded to my health care concerns. However, last year I noticed a change in the practice. Some I like and one that I am not sure I can get use too. I do not mind getting lab results or communicating via the online site. However, if I make an appt with Dr Allen I am expecting to see her and not the PA or Nurse Practioner. That is very disappointing. Although, the nurse practioner and PA are knowledgeable. I too was not informed about the change in locations. I was told change of address cards went out - although I had changed my home residence - I still had access to my old residence - I never received anything. I like Dr Allen and I believe these are growing pains with all the changes her practice is going through. I do hope things get better, because she is a very good doctor.

February 20th, 2012

Need Better Staffing

I must say the doctor herself is GREAT...Staff however is VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL NONCARING AND ARGUMENITIVE. cALL INCORRECT NUMBER DOES NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HEALTHCARE . SO NEEDLESS TO SAY IM LOOKING FOR A DOCTORS OFFICE WITH CARE.

January 22nd, 2012

Never again

This was my first visit to Dr. Allen's office and last. I completed the online patient information link before my appointment detailing my medical concerns. When I arrived the medical student (no warm greeting and acted as if she did not want to be there)that led me to the exam room starts to ask me what is the nature of my visit. Talk about a waste of time completing the online form. When I originally booked the appointment I requested a pap smear. The med. student told me I did not need one but then changed her statement after looking at her chart and realizing the type of visit I was there for.After she left, a physician assistant came in and performed my exam. That's right. The physician assistant. If I wanted to be seen by a PA I would have specifically found a PA in my network and booked an appointment. On top of that, for my entire visit duration, I NEVER SAW Dr. Allen. Not even a hello, or a look at my medical information..she was nowhere to be found. As a new patient visiting her practice, I guess I was not privy to professional courtesy.The last person who I met gave me my lab orders and instructed me only to refrain from eating 8 hours prior. When I went to the lab for my follow up appointment they requested a urine sample and I had already gone prior to leaving. My orders requested a urinalysis but I was never told about refraining from urinating prior to my lab visit.I cannot even effectively rate this "doctor" since the rating is based on a face-to-face experience which I was deprived of. Though her PA was excellent, the rest of her staff could use some additional training on bed-side manners and how to read orders. Dr. Allen should learn not to be so dismissive of new patients as this is not the way a trained physical who took the Hippocratic oath should act.

November 21st, 2011

Disappointed

I was very much looking forward to what I thought would be a different approach to health. Unfortunately, on my very first visit but I met with her PA. Nothing against the PA, but I really came for Dr. Allen's expertise and expected to see her at least for my initial visit. The PA performed the basic annual test and sent me off for lab work. I was very disappointed to find out that communication from the office about any follow up or lab results are via email rather than a personal phone call. I value the web access to lab results and health notes, but if no one tells me how to use the site its of no value. And the personal touch goes much more than poorly implemented technology (just from my experience). I just happend to check out all the sections of my online health information today and stumbled across a note to schedule a follow visit. I can only assume if it was something really serious they would have called me...Lastly my recent visit was for a stomach issue. I scheduled the appointment over the phone. I headed to the office and find out they moved. For some reason no one thought it was necessary to provide that significant piece of information when i scheduled the appointment. When I finally do arrive, I'm about 10 minutes late and the PA (again) has already started with another patient. I end up waiting almost an hour for 5 minutes with the PA.I've scheduled one more appt with this office to follow up, as well as voice my concerns. I will definitely retract/update my review if I see that the office is responsive to one patients dissatifaction.

January 7th, 2011

Dr Allen works with me to determine the best course of action for my persistent hypertension. She has been patient through it all and I appreciate that. Hard to find doctors that will take the time to work with his/her patients to solve a difficult problem.

December 19th, 2009

I met Dr. Allen for a recent physical. I found her to have an excellent manner. She established eye contact, apologized for my wait time, and took the time to completely read my new patient information. She combines traditional and holistic medicine,which is nice. I would refer this doctor to family and friends. If you are someone who likes to participate in your own health, likes to live a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise, Dr. Allen would be the perfect complement to your healthy living.