Dr. Vani Duvuuri MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Richardson, TX

3.6

March 3rd, 2016
Do NOT recomend!
Gave me a much higher dose of highblood pressure med. After not being able to get out of bed due to too much of that med. I called for 3 days to try and get her approval to stop taking it . Then her front office calls me and tells me to just stop taking it. Being it was a highblood pressure med. You cant just stop taking it . You have to do it by lowering the doze or your heart rate will go crazy. Well it did and I ended up getting an EKG at 10 pm because i thought I was going to have a heart atack. She never called to check on me or anything. I never went back and did not call because I did not want to put my body through more streess. She never called hasnt till this day.

February 18th, 2016
Best Endocrinologist in Town
I have been coming to Dr. Duvuuri for a little more than a year now. I have Thyroid disease. I really like how she explains the nature of my condition in a very simple manner. Also provides great advice on diet and what foods are thyroid-friendly and those that are not. Best of all she is very gentle and kind. You can disregard the negative reviews if you decide to go see her...because you will leave her office with a big smile.

November 21st, 2015
Very disappointed
Very inept staff, and a doctor who just doesn't care. very disappointed!

October 30th, 2015
Ruined My Life!!!
Only checks TSH! Misdiagnosed me as HyperThyroid when I had hypo symptoms. Hyper meds did not work and did RAI to remove my thyroid. This was in 2008. I will need to be on meds the rest of my life and my quality of life has gone down hill ever since. I was perfectly healthy before. I was young and stupid and trusted doctors. It took longer to find a parking space than the time spent in her office and then charges insurance 300.00.

August 25th, 2015
she hires students who have little experience, does not even check your feet which is common practice.

May 8th, 2015
My Wife sees Dr. Duvvuri. She gives excellent moral support and spends time with the patient to understand their concern

March 26th, 2015
Stay Far Away!
Was referred by my PCP as I had questions and concerns about thyroid issues based on a number of issues I am experiencing, one of which is weight gain. As soon as I mentioned this Dr. Duvuuri went into a speech about weight loss, telling me that exercise has no effect on weight loss and the only way to lose weight after 40 is to eat 800-1000 calories per day, which is incredibly dangerous. Dr. Duvuuri did not listen to any of my other concerns or questions, and told me that if my "numbers come back perfectly normal" there was nothing she could do about it (even stated she's had people storm out of her office after being told this - wow!). She also spent most of the appointment speaking to her computer screen instead of me. I now wish I had just sat there to see if the computer would answer her. It was easy to get an appointment, which I now understand. She must have to get new patients in constantly since I can't imagine how she could keep any long term.

March 23rd, 2015
very rude doc
She is very rude.she does not bother to hear my concern and my condition. She dint explain my problem. Overall she does not have patience. Totally disappointed

February 5th, 2015
Dr. Duvuuri is a great doctor and would recommend her to anyone.

July 12th, 2012
office manager
She is awesome. Other Drs. in Dallas that were supposed to be so good. Misdiagnosed me on many occasions and were not empathetic. Dani is AWESOME she was right on and helped me solved medical issues that I had been suffering for years. I would recommend her to everyone who wants a GREAT endrochonolist. You will be happy you chose DANI.

July 11th, 2012
Three words...
She. Doesn't. Listen.

November 3rd, 2011
Ms Anita VanOuwerkerk
I've had one visit, and found her and her office staff to be very professional, positive, and delightful.