Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Worst Doctor I've ever been to  |  show details
May 5th, 2014

This doctor is discriminatory against blind patients and is unsympathetic towards disabled people. I would NOT recommend her!! She constantly overlooked problems and dismissed vital symptoms that I had and once it was corrected and properly diagnosed by a SUPERIOR doctor, she dismissed me as a patient. Her mistake. not mine and she dismissed me. I didn't even know doctors could do that. How childish! This doctor should get off her high horse and find some empathy!!!

|  Dr Kotha not recommended for thyroid problems  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2013

I've been on synthetic Synthroid (levothyroxine) since the early 1990's, mostly monitored by my primary care physician. When my insurance changed, my new PC referred me to Dr. Kotha, who has treated me for the last couple of years. Despite lab results being "normal", I continue to suffer from very dry skin, brain fog, fatigue, and noticeable hair loss - at age 55 I no longer have eyebrows on the outer 1/3. At my last visit I practically begged Dr. Kotha to change my medicine, and all she was willing to do is change me from generic to name brand, with no dosage change since my lab results were all within target range. Dr. Kotha was unwilling to consider supplemental T3 treatment, and also unwilling to consider dessicated thyroid therapy. Dr. Kotha stated that the dessicated thyoid drug "potency was unstable". This is inaccurate information, easily refuted with a few minutes' online research. Overall, I am displeased with Dr. Kotha's unwillingness to look at my symptoms as she peruses my TSH scores.

|  Dr. Kotha Is Exceptional!  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

Dr. Kotha is a top-notch doctor who genuinely cares for her patients and is excellent ast diagnoses and follow-up. I believe I will keep her! She's the best! :)

|  Not a thyroid doctor  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

I was refered to Dr. Kotha for a thyroid condition. I worked with her for over 6 months before we concluded that she could not help me. I don't feel that she knows how to treat the complexity of a thyroid condition. I'm sure she's a great diabeties doctor.

Jul 22nd, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Kotha to anyone needing an endocrinologist. She was thorough, caring and conservative. She listened to my concerns, took them into account and worked with me rather than immediately opting for surgery.

|  Amazing doctor and staff  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Kotha always takes time to visit with me and listens to my concern. We seem to work together as a team to control my blood sugars. Her staff are courteous and friendly. Very efficient office. It is a pleasure to see her see her. I will refer anyone to her.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2010

Dr Kotha has always taken time to listen and explain. The office has worked in appointments as needed and always seems to care about what is happening with my care.

|  Neglected Patient  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2010

I want to start off by saying I think Dr. Kotha is a very nice and knowledgable person, BUT her administration staff is imcompetent to say the least. For some reason they are unable to send a fax either to the pharmacist or the lab. On top of this they do not follow up with simple tasks and consistently get information incorrect. Experience says that faxing in general is not a reliable way to send information, which is why most doctors use the internet. Despite this, I have treated them respectfully and have given them from two to three chances at a time to get it done. In general this lackadaisical attitude ends up costing the patient valuable time and is just plain irritating. I will be looking for another endo doctor as I have run out of patience with the admin staff and unfortunately that reflects on Dr Kotha as well. I feel that a Doctor's admin staff is a crucial component concerning the overall patient experience.

|  leaves text to contact you  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2010

sh repiles on testing to patient rtaher than a adirect call - the problem with texting is that "test" are some delivered lates sometime a 24 hor delay

|  Overall Confused by 1st Impressions  |  show details
by 1st time visit ~ Spouse's view on Aug 5th, 2009

Office staff delayed Temp office staff had car stolen & still arrived on time to wait for another permanent office staff to open office & doors. Left a feeling of concern for office personnel & their responsibilites.Doctor was nice spoke clearly however spoke with alot of speed ~ my husband was disappointed he could never get a question in to ask the doctor. I am hopefully that our nxt experience will prove even better. I am excited about this doctor and we both are hoping for a new better experience!

|  Poor bed side manner  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2009

Mom had several times that she had to go to the ER with her sugar. Only one time did she come but seemed rude and was upset that she had to come. Other times she did not even come or call.

May 24th, 2009

I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Kotha. I never felt rushed during my appointments and she treated me like an equal. She listened to wait I had to say and never told me that could be possible like my previous dr. She great.

by Tamara P. on Feb 5th, 2009

Dr Kotha took a lot of time with me and really listened to my symptoms! What a great doctor!