Hematologists, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Fort Smith Southside
Sparks Clinic Cancer Center Fort Smith
1001 Towson Ave
Fort Smith, AR 72901
479-709-7435
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  lpn and family member of patient  |  show details
by Kim Davis on May 17th, 2014

Dr A, as we call him, has been such a God send for my mother as well as our entire family. Has such a vast knowledge and expertise in his field not to mention the amount of compassion and caring that he shows his patients is amazing. You must that. kind of total care and confidence and support from your medical team and family to carry you through battling cancer. He has helped my mother fight just like he would if she was his own always respecting her wishes and her dignity. I have and will always with great confidence recommend him to anyone who would need cancer treatment.

|  show details
Nov 11th, 2013

Very educated. Very nice. Excellent doctor. Would recommend him to anyone with cancer who wants to get rid of it!

|  Mrs  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2010

I felt very comfortable during my visit. He explained everyhting I need to know about my disease. Called us the next morning with test results. Provided us with a an educational website about my cancer in addition to printed information abuut the drugs I will take. Answered all our questions. Highly recommend to anyone.

|  Bad A-Hole Dr.  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2010

Waited about an hour before seeing Dr. ABout 30 minutes in while talking to the Dr., he had to disturb our appt. time and take a call from another Dr., then came back in about 10 miutes later, and seemed upset that we were asking all the questions that we wanted answers to. Had the PET Scan the day before and didn't show us the report and couldn't tell us exactly what the report said. He was very un-caring and versed in the answers that he had given to us and wanted the patient to take Chem and nothing else would do, without wanting to consider alything alternative. As the patients family member, I had to leave the room, cause I wanted to knock him out, and I'm a pretty easy going person person till you mess with my family. I would never refer anyone to him.

|  Fun staff w/sense of humor  |  show details
by Heather on Aug 31st, 2010

My first appointment with this doctor (sadly not the first time I needed an oncologist). His staff put me at ease with good jokes. Getting back into the office took some time, but once I was in back, things moved quickly. The doctor spent enough time with me to answer ALL my questions. He kept asking me if I had any more, not in a rushing way.. but making sure all was discussed that needed to be discussed.