Dr. Varsha Upadhyaya MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

no change

August 17th, 2016
I only went to 2 appointments and never went back. After the first appointment, I immediately tried switching my ob/gyn. To start of she comes off very rude and uncaring. She asked very personal questions and seemed very judgemental. She also was very sloppy. Wore casual clothes and flip flops. She looks very unhealthy herself. I was referred to her by my PCP, and I wouldn't recommend her AT ALL. I never knew how my baby was doing and I was always concerned because I suffered from hydronephrosis during my pregnancy. HORRIBLE DOCTOR.

August 29th, 2015
Horrible
Horrible Doctor didn't check on my baby, I had a still born baby at 32weeks because of her negligence never again unbelievable how unprofessional she is

April 27th, 2015
Awful, find another doctor.

October 29th, 2014
disappointed patient
I went to Dr. Upadhyaya for the first (& only!!) time after I found out I was pregnant. Despite not being pleased with the outdated office, I gave the doctor a chance. I never write reviews for doctors, but after this visit I could not resist. For starters, Dr. Upadhyaya was wearing flip flops & had no white coat, stethoscope or anything to show for being a doctor. She coughed without covering her mouth during my visit and looked overall sloppy. I do not judge doctors by appearance, but for the first time I was shocked by this one. She asked many personal questions that made me uncomfortable and also I don't think they need to be asked for my situation. I have gone to plenty of doctors so I know the general questions and have answered many personal need to know questions, but I felt judged and uncomfortable with Dr. Upadhyaya. The icing on the cake for this visit was when the she told me to "go ahead and get dressed" WHILE SHE WAS STILL IN THE ROOM! Never have I felt so umcomfortable. I had no pants or underwear on and she expected me to walk across the room HALF NAKED to get my clothes and dress myself with her right there. Clearly she does not respect patient privacy. NEVER will I see Dr. Upadhyaya again & I urge other people considering her to avoid her at all costs.

August 28th, 2013
Today was my first appointment with this Dr. the office appearance disturbed me it was very untidy for a Dr.'s office the chairs were worn and dirty, The Receptionist area was a mess papers and junk everywhere the carpet was dirty, and the exam not much better. I arrived on time for my appointment, and waited 15 minutes for the young lady behind the desk to give me the form to fill out. Then I waited another 10 min to be called into a room, It was not much better and the floor was dirty. I was referred to her by my internal medicine doctor, I would have walked out except I'm new here at Christ Hospital. I waited in the exam room for over 45 min I had opened the door and asked the tech to remind her that I was waiting then I waited another 20 min before she came in and said she was sorry for the wait she didn't know I was waiting I was the only patient I couldn't believe her, she started telling me about the vaccines I needed I declined the offer she appeared a little vexed but at that point I didn't care I will not go back and hope the hospital will get that place cleaned up I wish I knew who's responsible for the office space. OSHA should see that mess.

March 31st, 2013
Unprofessional, Impatient, Rude
I have had many issues with Dr. Varsha and her staff ranging from rude staff to vague diagnoses. Dr. Varsha seems knowledgeable, but doesn't explain diagnoses very well and I was uncomfortable with asking questions because she seemed disconnected and very rushed throughout appointments. Once while giving me a breast exam she asked me if I had reconstructive surgery because my breasts were firm; that was a very inappropriate and unprofessional. I have also had difficulty getting her to write a prescription for longer than 6 months so that I'd have to come in more than 2-3 times a year. She would pressure me into vaccines without an explanation and would not explain what sort of vaccine it was. I would not recommend Dr. Varsha to anyone.

August 31st, 2012
Rude Doctor
She is horrible!! Does not listen to her patients and could care less about their symptoms. She made me feel uncomfortable to even ask her any more questions. She is rude and has no heart not only to her patients but to her staff as well, yelling at one of them for trying to help me out. I am finding a different doctor asap.

August 20th, 2012
she does not care.....................................
she is an ok dr but she seems like she doesnt care and cheap in a way,one time i had a pap and she was done she asked me a question and my answer was that i need another pap to to do another test and but instead she asked me why i didnt tell her before she was done and she never did the test because she doesnt wanna waiste anothe pap test supplies i guess ,I REALY WONDER IF SHE READ THIS OR NOT ,i am 5.3 and weigh 132lb and she tell me that i need to lose some weight ,HELLO look whos fat here doc ,that is all i can say .

December 6th, 2011
blame her for the lack of listening to my concerns for my stillbirth

August 9th, 2011
She insited on telling me that i was overweight and that I was not doing enough to not be fat. She told me that I was prediabetic and that I would die. I saw an endocrinologist who told me that not only was I not going to die I was not fat. She really needs to work on her listening skills and compassion.

March 21st, 2011
Dr. Upadhyaya's office wait isn't long compared to other doctors. The office staff are very polite. Dr. Upadhyaya is very helpful. She listens to what you have to say and if you have a request she'll fill it out to the best of her abilities. She is very well educated, she knows what she is doing. Due to a terminal illness I cannot take certain birth control. She went over what my options were and we both agreed on one that fitted me best.

March 9th, 2010
Patient Courtesy
It would behoove Dr. Varsha to listen to her patients more and be more sympathetic towards them. We may not have medical degrees, but we are also not idiots and we know our own bodies. When a patient says something is wrong with them she should take it to heart and look into it further instead of snickering and saying "I'm not worried about it". This has been my worst pregnancy by far and any ailment I have seems to have the same diagnosis from her..."get a maternity belt". I am worried that I have a liver problem because of the itching I am experiencing, but after her laughter over my ailments I did not feel comfortable asking her to do the blood tests. If you are looking for a doctor that has no emotions, then she is the one for you. Otherwise, I would suggest finding a more compassionate doctor that still cares about their work.