Dr. Varsha Kunnirickal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Varsha Kunnirickal?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Varsha Kunnirickal?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 27th, 2016

Thank God I went to see Dr Kunnirickal. She was patient and caring, explained why she thought a particular medication would help. She gave me pros and cons of options and after years of suffering a debilitating depression, finally i am myself again. My wife family and I are very grateful for her help getting me here.

April 28th, 2016

Dr. Kunnirickal. helped me deal with a really profound depression by prescribing effective medication in adequate doses (obviously, after exploring different options and with bumps on the way, but that's normal) and understanding my needs. Unfortunately, now I'm able to comprehend that sometimes her sweetness turns into condescendence, and I feel uncomfortable and sometimes, even belittled. This condescendence has prevented me from establishing a genuine connection with her. To me, it's crucial to feel comfortable and regarded as an intelligent adult when discussing my vulnerabilities. It's ironic that once I worked on my self-esteem this issue came to the surface in bright colors. It's may be subtle or maybe she's not doing it on purpose but I it's just not a goof fit for me at this stage in my life. Dr. Kunnirickal. definitely explains how the medication works, and what would be better for you depending on what you prefer and need. I am grateful to Dr. Kunnirickal.

December 4th, 2011

Dr V is a caring professional who has very good knowledge and skills. She takes time to ask about details and told me my options as far as medication and therapy. She explained my illness much better than I had got from other doctors. I would recommend her.

February 2nd, 2011

A truly caring professional

Varsha is a warm compassionate and caring psychiatrist. She goes above and beyond what I had from my psychiatrist of 20 years! I drive to see her from the Eastern Shore every week. I was on many differnt medications and still was not well until Varsha got the medication right! She knows what she is doing.

January 22nd, 2011

Excellent psychiatrist, especially a psychopharmacologist. Thorough and very careful, but proactive. Extremely caring manner. Called me to follow up on outcome of a med trial. Easy to make an appointment or to reach when needed.

January 19th, 2011

Dr. V is great, she knows her work and does a great job rendering care. She went out of her way to help me negotiate the best option for my problem. She spent time explaining the different medications and explained what she felt was the best option and why. She treated me like a whole person. I am so happy I found her. She is the best.

July 21st, 2010

Pharaceutical Company's best Connection

Since everyone who is considering bariatric surgery suffers some degree of depression about their circumstance this physician is all too ready to line you up with a BRAND name antidepressant with loads of samples to get you started. Beware her adherence to HIPAA laws and concern about you if you don't go along with helping her grow her practice. Her delightfully sweet demeanor shifts and she becomes intolerant, punative and accusatory. If your surgery is with JH Bayview, she misuses her former status as an employee there to violate your privacy should you see her beyond the evaluation. Go to a reputable alternative.

September 11th, 2009

I am sorry she is leaving and will follow her. It is difficult to find someone as caring and compassionate as her. She is the best. AN

September 6th, 2009

varsha has a diferent way of treatment she is blount and tells you how it is i like that about her hovever sometimes i feel like she could be a little more understanding

February 9th, 2009

I would not recommend this doctor.

Unfortunately, Dr. Kunnirickal seems to have chosen the wrong profession. Her bedside manner is dismissive and condescending. As someone in the healing profession, I would have expected her to show much more warmth and compassion. Unfortunately, this was not the case and I decided to switch psychiatrists.

September 10th, 2017