inactive

Vasanthi Pugazhendhi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 27th, 2014
you call yourself a pulmonologist?
I have had the opportunity to deal with 4 other pediatric pulmonologists from different counties and I can say I have never met one quite as inadequate at their profession as this one! I won't refer to her as a "doctor", but rather as "she" or "her"! She works part time, is not versed in her knowledge, but rather gives the excuse - she "needs to research it". When your child is sick with a disease she specializes in and you call her in the middle of the night and she tells you, "I don't know what to tell you", take your child to the ER.....wow! Needless to say, after she tried to persuade me to allow my child to be a guinea pig due to her inability to figure out a health problem related to her specialty and I adamantly refused, she terminated our physician/patient relationship - AMEN! Thank you Lord-we are now back with our originals from birth that handled my child's disease and I couldn't be more happier! It was amazing when our current pulmonologist answered my question with great ease at our first visit the same question I had that "she" needed to research because she had no explanation! We have seen pediatric pulmonologists at Hershey, Lehigh, A.I. Dupont and St. Christopher's hospital for children, every single one is exceptionally knowledgeable in their profession and does an excellent job of caring for their patients! "She" however; has got to be the worst physician I have ever had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with. Shame too, the staff was quite nice. I recommend seeking out another pediatric pulmonologist if you haven't already! Otherwise, God be with your children!

October 11th, 2011
Accurate and compassionate
My son had severe breathing difficulty after RSV turned to pneumonia when he was only 8 months old. She has not only been right on when it came to treatment she makes you feel like your her only patient & spends quality time with you explaining each detail. She let my husband and myself help her in choosing medications & explained each benefit & risk alike. I wish that there were more doctors like her!