A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vatsal Thakkar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Vatsal Thakkar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thakkar
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Thakkar Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Vatsal Thakkar, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Thakkar graduated from University of Tennessee, Memphis. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Thakkar has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
- NYU Langone Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Vatsal Girish Thakkar MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Vatsal G. Thakkar practice?
- Dr. Vatsal Thakkar has 1 office location.
Dr. Vatsal Thakkar practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.