Dr. Vatsal Thakkar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 3rd, 2015
Dr. Thakkar was the best psychiatrist for me. Under his care and recommendation to try Celexa, my outlook on life became positive relative to my interest to do things, and I became more positive in my. relationships with family and friends. My gloomy days became sunny. I will forever be grateful to Dr Thakkar for changing my life. I now will urge many people who are depressed to see Dr. Thakkar so that they may change their life foe the better.

March 21st, 2015
Caring Doctor
Dr. Thakkar was really good listener, very considerate . He new what was needed. He really wanted to help. I will (have already) recommend him to anyone with similar problems. Things are going good so far, thanks to Dr. Thakkar, If you are thinking about seeing him (do it) I don't think you will be disappointed.

May 26th, 2013
I didn't feel comfortable with him. He didn't listen. He worked entirely off pre-fab bubble questionnaires and payed more attention to those than what I was saying. He was arrogant and condescending. His treatment was never effective and I stuck with it for over a year.

May 12th, 2013
so far so good
His style and approach - He was calm but friendly and seemed interested in my welfare, and he was also helpful. Can't believe the negative reviews here are accurate, but I can only review from my own experience. Accessibility is good - I called about 6 doctors at Columbia Presbyterian and NYU who did not even bother to return my calls, which really annoyed me! Thakkar has an assistant who got back to me very promptly. I scheduled without a problem. Price - Psychiatrists in general are too expensive, but I can't judge him negatively because of his fees because he is at the low end of what is typical in this area. I have not found a psychiatrist yet in NYC or vicinity who is cheap or even reasonably priced - they all charge about the same thing, and he is a bit less.

January 28th, 2013
Professional and thorough
I've seen many psychiatrists and Dr. T rates in the top 5% for professionalism, skill, and thoroughness

September 8th, 2012
Dr. Vatsal Thakkar wasted 4 years of my life. I followed his instructions to the letter and feel exactly the same after 6,000 dollars/4 years. When I final gave up on him, he was arrogant and smug and didn't think to apologize for his proffessional impotence. To add insult to injury he has this audited email reminder in place and is powerless to stop it from sending me repeated email reminders, I've gotten 3 this week.

March 28th, 2012
high quality visit
probably the most thorough appointment i've had.

January 23rd, 2012
He is very rude . No feedback with the patient. Seems like he just care about money .

November 22nd, 2011
IF THERE WAS A 0 STARS OPTION, I WOULD GIVE IT.
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. OVERPRICED. THE FIRST VISIT IS ACTUALLY PATIENT CARE, THE REST IS ALL ABOUT GETTING YOU TO KEEP GIVING HIM MONEY.

August 19th, 2011
Very thorough Visit
very thorough Interview, smart and relatable